{{~*Houston Tex-Laxed Honies*~}}

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Okay, Chicas,

How many of you are texlaxed?
Are you diy-ers?
Do you frequent a salon? (Please pm referrals)
Can you please post pics?

I'd like to know~
* how your texlaxed hair handles in this humidity?
~~~~(Poof-City, Major Shrinkage, Sleek and Smooth, etc)
*how long do you stretch?
*how long have you been texlaxed?
*what relaxer/texturizer do you rep?
*what's your mix/reggie?
*were you natural or relaxed prior to texlaxing?
*can you wear your curls in their "natural" state?

~Thank you in advance for your input!~
*toodles*

calmsensual1

well I live in Austin, so thats close enough and it does get pretty humid here.

I do everything myself. Ive been texlaxed since July.

In this humidity, if I straighten it poofs a little and gets frizzy. If its natural then I have pretty much have nothing to worry about.

I stretch until whenever my hair starts to get on my nerves. I recently began this hair journey and the first time I stretched (I stretched because I was afraid to texlax again, before I even knew what stretching was) was about 5 months. Right now, I havent texlaxed since november so thats about 2 months I guess. Ive been texlaxing with ORS and ive done it since june or july.

The last time I texlaxed, I mixed with 1/4 cup of olive oil and left it on for 20 minutes..

My regimen is daily co-washing.
clarify every 2 weeks or so and thats the only shampoo I use.
moisturize with v05 and seal with EVOO
For protein I use Mega-tek about once a week. I just put it on in the shower and rinse after about 5 minutes, then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

I was natural prior to texlaxing and actually I did it by accident. I had just taken a weave out that id had for about 6 months. There was so much buildup/grease/wax in there that when I put the relaxer on it didnt even end up taking. It just texlaxed me and I was like hmmm I kind of like this. Then I found the boards here around september. and the rest is history, dang I think im rambling.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for your post calmsensual1! So you're a diy-er, huh? I am hoping to hear that your hair is easier to maintain and style with texlaxing, so I thank you very much. So you like ORS, huh? Will you continue to use this relaxer? Have you always self-relaxed? I never, ever have and I'm pretty cautious about it. Sareca told me, "You can do this." That's a real vote of confidence. I love my natural hair, but I'm tired of hiding from the rain and humidity when I opt to wear my hair straightened.

Sounds like your "accident" was dead on! Any pics? I'm taking notes.....

well I live in Austin, so thats close enough and it does get pretty humid here.

I do everything myself. Ive been texlaxed since July.

In this humidity, if I straighten it poofs a little and gets frizzy. If its natural then I have pretty much have nothing to worry about.

I stretch until whenever my hair starts to get on my nerves. I recently began this hair journey and the first time I stretched (I stretched because I was afraid to texlax again, before I even knew what stretching was) was about 5 months. Right now, I havent texlaxed since november so thats about 2 months I guess. Ive been texlaxing with ORS and ive done it since june or july.

The last time I texlaxed, I mixed with 1/4 cup of olive oil and left it on for 20 minutes..

My regimen is daily co-washing.
clarify every 2 weeks or so and thats the only shampoo I use.
moisturize with v05 and seal with EVOO
For protein I use Mega-tek about once a week. I just put it on in the shower and rinse after about 5 minutes, then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

I was natural prior to texlaxing and actually I did it by accident. I had just taken a weave out that id had for about 6 months. There was so much buildup/grease/wax in there that when I put the relaxer on it didnt even end up taking. It just texlaxed me and I was like hmmm I kind of like this. Then I found the boards here around september. and the rest is history, dang I think im rambling.