How can I avoid tangless on Straightened Natural hair?

ceedeelight

Hi,

Since the weather has been cold, I've been flat ironing my natural hair. Are their any tips/advice you can give so I can avoid my hair getting tangled together. My hair is a little past BSL and when I go to comb it during the end of the day, it's all good until I get to the part that's been resting on my clothing. If this is normal, no problem, I just want to make sure that I wasn't doing anything to damage it.

Any advice is appreciated.

darlingdiva

I am no where near BSL, but maybe you can wear your hair up a little bit more. Many long-haired ladies talk about how their hair suffers when it has been resting on their clothes.

Whimsy

are you combing from bottom up?
are you using a WIDE tooth comb?
are you doing small sections at a time?

---------

do you play wiht your hair?
do you flip your head around a lot?

pookaloo83

Either you need a trim or you need to keep it off your clothing. All of that rubbing isn't good. That's probably why it's tangled.

LunadeMiel

Try some old fashioned hair grease. This is what has helped me. Also, you may have a lot of single strand knots.

NikStarrr

Make sure to detangle everyday while it's straight to get rid of shed hairs. Shed hair still "hang around" in my hair even when straight and create lots of tangles for me. Also, even when my hair is straight, I still wear my hair up a lot. Now that I'm past APL, I can create lots of cute updos and buns. Even a regular ponytail looks really good. Maybe you should wear up more often.

ceedeelight

are you combing from bottom up? Yes
are you using a WIDE tooth comb? Yes
are you doing small sections at a time? Yes

---------

do you play wiht your hair? No
do you flip your head around a lot? Definitely Not right now. I'll get dizzy and fall down. :lachen:[/QUOTE]

ceedeelight

Make sure to detangle everyday while it's straight to get rid of shed hairs. Shed hair still "hang around" in my hair even when straight and create lots of tangles for me. Also, even when my hair is straight, I still wear my hair up a lot. Now that I'm past APL, I can create lots of cute updos and buns. Even a regular ponytail looks really good. Maybe you should wear up more often.

Thanks, I comb it in the morn and before bed and tie it up in a satin scarf, but I guess I may need a trim/dusting. I wear it up so much as it is, I feel like a little girl. I need to find more sophisticated up do's.