How Can I Help My Pre-teen?

Prettyeyes

My dd is eleven now and her hair is past shoulder length. However she used to be full bsl I had to cut some due to heat damage and she also suffered some breakage. Now she is doing her own hair and I am trying to teach her a good simple regimen. She likes to wash. Condition and then blow dry and wear a Afro puff. I am thinking about allowing her to do that every two weeks and add me doing a dc or a hot oil treatment. Also she combs her puff out daily I bought her a pic is that okay? Worried

amwcah

She's doing good. My girls are 13 and don't want to do their hair. :(

I wouldn't recommend her combing her puff out daily though. I wash my hair once a week and leave it alone be it a puff or bun.

Sarabellam

You’re doing great mom! You can encourage her to alternate a blow out puff with a airdried braid or twist out puff.

Also encourage her to use a good heat protectant even when blow drying.

LdyKamz

Sounds like a good regimen. I don't think she needs to blow dry if she is wearing a puff anyway, though. Also, I think she can 86 combing it out and instead use the pic to fluff daily.

MzSwift

You’re doing a great job supporting her in building her regi, Mama! I think it’s an excellent idea for you to DC her hair. A good DC can cover a multitude of (hair) sins. Since you’ve already cut due to heat damage, I’m sure you guys have determined that she needs a heat protectant. I like the IC Fantasia heat serum in the pink bottle of you’re lookong for suggestions. For some reason, I feel I get better consistent coverage with a serum instead of a spray protectant.

Also, I used to stretch my hair at night for puffs by banding. If she tries it, she should drench her hair in moisturizer before banding in 3-5 sections. Then in the morning she can use a wide tooth comb to fluff each section as she takes it down and put it up in a puff.

GL to you guys! And KUTGW, Mama!