How did you KNOW you found a staple???

Ms. Alainious

Hi Ladies,

I've been on my healthy hair journey for a little over a year :yawn: and when I think back over all that I've learned from LHCF, I still can't say I have a regimen when it comes to products:wallbash: (My techniques are fine).

I try products, some I like, some I don't. But the perfectionist (and the PJ:look:) in me can't resist the oppotunity to pick up a new shampoo, conditioner, etc. rather than just getting another bottle of whatever I had before.

So, how did you KNOW that a product had staple potential??

Thanks in advance!

If you're interested, here are my "staples" - loosely translated to mean what happens to be under my sink...

Shampoos
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (1st lather)
Cream of Nature Shampoo (2nd lather)
Rusk Calm Shampoo (havent used this yet)

Conditioners
Elasta QP Intense
La Bomba Deep Condition
La Bomba Conditioner Rinse
Cream of Nature Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

Leave-Ins
Giovanni Direct (almost gone, don't think I'll re-buy)
Rusk Smoother
Last Call -Beyond the Zone (from Sallys)

Wrap Foams
KeraCare
Proclaim
ORS

Leeda.the.Paladin

I thinks it's staple when the results are unlike any or most of the other products you've tried (in a good way). Also, that is consistently gives the same great results each time. AND that your hair is better off with it than without it.

I think that's it for me :)

melissa-bee

When it does what it says and what you want it to do. It's reliable and you like the way it feels when you use it. And hopefully it smells nice but you can't always have what you want...lol.

Stacy TheLady

I know i've found a staple when my hair is happy lol..
I am still organising my products and so far my hair loves EVOO and EVCO and V05 products. I also realised that the only protein conditioner my hair loves 95% is Profective Anti Breakage with Wheat Germ and Wheat Germ Oil.

so once my hair is happy consistently its a staple to me

Lyoness

For me a product becomes a staple when its passed various tests, e.g how it feels vs what it does vs how it smells vs price vs the porosity and cleanliness of my hair etc..

I also compate photos of my hair to see what difference a product makes used in the same way, to another product considering the factors I mentioned. I weigh things up and take it from there

chebaby

i know its my staple when i run out and cant wait to buy another bottle. i also know its a staple when it makes my hair feel like no other product ever has.

my staples are: and im a natural 3c

shampoos
black soap
carols daughter tui

deep conditioners
kbb deep conditioner
giovanni nutra fix
afroveda ashlii amala
oyin honey hemp

rinse out conditioners
giovanni sas
AO GPB
trader joes nourish spa
trader joes tea tree conditioner

leave ins
oyin j&b
giovanni direct leave in
ojon revitalizing mist
kbb hair milk
kbb hair nectar

moisturizers
kbb hair cream
shea butter
afroveda shea amla

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Consistency is Key for Me. If the Product continues to yield 'favorable' results time after time, it becomes a Staple for Me.

If it does what it says it's suppose to do, consistently.

If my Hair thrives with use of it, it's a Keeper!:yep:

Nayeli

I love to try new things too. I think like with many things in life, I find staples via the "grass is not always greener on the other side" principle - if you're reminiscing on it, then that's probably the one.

So If I'm using a product, and I'm thinking to myself "man if I just had xyz product" my hair would be acting so right, then I know xyz is a staple. So I've found most of mine AFTER moving on from them to other sub-standard products. Unfortunately for me, many are discontinued so the hunt is on again lol.

isabella09

I thinks it's staple when the results are unlike any or most of the other products you've tried (in a good way). Also, that is consistently gives the same great results each time. AND that your hair is better off with it than without it.

I think that's it for me :)

:yep: That’s exactly it for me too.

Last edited:

CTBhair

Yeah, I am kind of in your boat. However, I do have staples. To control my PJism (as much as I can), I have stuck with what works the best and for anything that did not do anything for me or was just okay...I give the product away because one man's trash is another's one treasure or if it was okay, use it until it is gone and do not purchase it again.

I also think that staples can change overtime when we do venture out and try new products. Before I really got into the health of my hair, I just used Pantene Relaxed and Natural becuase it was marketed to me. Now, I have different brands and products for everything. So far my results have been great. However, I know just becuase they are my staple now that does not mean it will be forever.

My Staples I have found since May 2009
Detangler - Herbal Essences Totally Twisted
Leave In - Devacare One Conditioner
Sealant - unrefined shea butter
Deep Treatment - Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treament mixed

Still looking for something with excellent hold for styles like buns. I have not found a shampoo I am in love with but because I do not shampoo that often it is not the most important thing in the arsenal. Good Thread!

msa

When I've consistently used something for a year, then it's a staple. So right now the only thing that's a staple for me is coconut oil.

I do think AO White Camellia will be a staple because I've been using it for the past 4 months and it does exactly what I need it to do for my hair. I love the results so if I stay with it for the next 8 months it will be a staple.

When you're trying to pick staples, go through your products and make a list of things you loved...try to figure out why they worked. Then if you're going to buy another product, make sure it has similar characteristics. That way you won't buy stuff just because someone else liked it (or it's in a pretty bottle), and you'll be more likely to find a staple.