How do I achieve this style?

dillard

This is my favorite hairstyle. It is just so sophisticated, it's full and sexy. luv it luv it luv it! I achieved something similar ONCE and now I don't remember how I did it. I remember that it started with a rollerset and involved having to brush the mess out of my hair. Is this look possible without excessive brushing, and what kinds of products do you think should be put on wet hair so it is light and full but yet "heavy"?!?!?!?

NuMe2004

It looks like a roller set and finger combing. The curls are still in place for the most part, so it doesn't look like there was a whole lot of brushing or combing involved, at least not at the ends.

Hair2Dye4

This is my favorite hairstyle. It is just so sophisticated, it's full and sexy. luv it luv it luv it! I achieved something similar ONCE and now I don't remember how I did it. I remember that it started with a rollerset and involved having to brush the mess out of my hair. Is this look possible without excessive brushing, and what kinds of products do you think should be put on wet hair so it is light and full but yet "heavy"?!?!?!?

I've done this style to my hair plenty of times but with using a curling iron or after leaving the "Doobie" shop.

1. Either rollerset yourself with Biosilk Silk Therapy or go to the dominicans and have them just set you and take the rollers out. (Sometimes its just easier to have them do it,less the aggravation!)
2. Brush the curls out using a paddle brush.
3. Take random pieces of hair, about 3-4 inches in width, and pincurl or barrel each section (I perfer to pincurl).
4. Cover with a scarf tied loosly or a bonnet. Leave in for a couple hours or overnight,
5. Remove pins and finger comb into desired style.

dillard

not sure how to get this style, but your hair is progressing very nicely! :yep:
thank-you!! :)

I've done this style to my hair plenty of times but with using a curling iron or after leaving the "Doobie" shop.

1. Either rollerset yourself with Biosilk Silk Therapy or go to the dominicans and have them just set you and take the rollers out. (Sometimes its just easier to have them do it,less the aggravation!)
2. Brush the curls out using a paddle brush.
3. Take random pieces of hair, about 3-4 inches in width, and pincurl or barrel each section (I perfer to pincurl).
4. Cover with a scarf tied loosly or a bonnet. Leave in for a couple hours or overnight,
5. Remove pins and finger comb into desired style.

thanx!! ok, that makes sense, i'm gonna try this. i think the key is WIDE pincurls and not scarfing it too tight. i'm so gonna try this this weekend. also, i've never used biosilk, i wonder if it's at CVS, i'm gonna go looking for it after work.

seeminglysweet

My stylist does this style on me by curling medium sized spirals with a 1 inch ceramic flat iron and then finger combing and doing a "pull push" on the front bang section.

dillard

My stylist does this style on me by curling medium sized spirals with a 1 inch ceramic flat iron and then finger combing and doing a "pull push" on the front bang section.

what is a pull push? i think the front bang is my favorite part of the style and the part i don't really know how to achieve.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
My god mother use to do this style every Sunday morning, I remember just staring @ it in church as a kid:drunk:. She basically got it rollerset once a week and then pincurled it into place, before church started, she would take out the pincurls and go!

seeminglysweet

what is a pull push? i think the front bang is my favorite part of the style and the part i don't really know how to achieve.

I call the "pull push" when you have a side swept bang that is spiraled and you grab the bang with your fingers, pull in back and then use your palm to push it forward to create that flowing swoop instead of that flat against the head swoop

gn1g

This has dominican salon written all over it and her insx were on point. except I would use lacio lacio