How do I use Silk Amino Acids?

peeches

Hello Ladies,
I ordered a 16 oz. bottle of silk amino acids yesterday from the lotion crafters website and was wondering how much do I add to my conditioners and can I use with anything else like a glycerin and water mixture. I tried using the search button on the forum but it kept kicking back my search with no results.

One other question; can I add it to conditioners that already have some form of protein or is that too much?

Thank you for any replies or links to answers.

Sasha299

I add it to my conditioner, in my home made moisturizer - anything liquid. I believe that some add it to their relaxer too.

I don't believe that you can have protein overload from SAA. I tend to be protein sensitive and don't have any issue putting it in all my products. I eyeball it but some people may have actual formulas to ensure that the PH is not upset.

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'll try and get the thread for you on SAA's but the site keeps freezing up when I try (I think I have it subscribed). I bought the powdered version however, from reading the thread 1 - 2 percent concentration is all that is needed. Some add it to their mascara, relaxer, conditioner, shampoo, lotions, just about everything. I add it to my daily moisturizer blend (SAA and water and Aloe vera juice). I add it to my deep conditoner and to my heat protectant serum. It's already in a couple of my products but what I got from the thread is that you can't overload on it. I will also say that it does indeed leave your hair feeling 'silky.'

Last edited:

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Hello Ladies,
I ordered a 16 oz. bottle of silk amino acids yesterday from the lotion crafters website and was wondering how much do I add to my conditioners and can I use with anything else like a glycerin and water mixture. I tried using the search button on the forum but it kept kicking back my search with no results.

One other question; can I add it to conditioners that already have some form of protein or is that too much?

Thank you for any replies or links to answers.

That is exactly how I use it.

I also mix it with my MnT detangler spray as a detangling heat protectant!

southerncitygirl

i put mine in all my stuff:
poo
condish
creamy leave-in
hair gel/cream i use to do my twist-outs

it only needs to be a small percentage of your mixture so i would use about 1/2-1oz per 8oz of product, i plan on buying more in another couple of months. i got mine from lotioncrafters as well. you can also mix it in your facial lotion, toner and body wash!

peeches

Wow, thanks ladies! Thank you for the link, Nix08. I have been having problems searching the site ever since the layout changed.

Happy growing!

Embyra

i put mine in all my stuff:
poo
condish
creamy leave-in
hair gel/cream i use to do my twist-outs

it only needs to be a small percentage of your mixture so i would use about 1/2-1oz per 8oz of product, i plan on buying more in another couple of months. i got mine from lotioncrafters as well. you can also mix it in your facial lotion, toner and body wash!

thanks for this

i was trying to see how much people were adding:grin: