How do you control Fly-a-ways: Blow-dried Hair

bklynLadee

Hey Yall,

So it's been some time since I've blow-dried my hair and now that I've done it again I decided that I will be taking a break from wash-n-gos and braid outs etc.

I am just sick of the ssk. The only way I will have that much moisture in my hair for a while is if I start wigging it and do the LOC method underneath.

(I am looking for a good natural looking curly wig...let me know if you have a recommendation).

Anyway, I pulled my hair back in a ponytail, used some edge control and went to work. By the time I got to work, I had so many fly-a-ways I look like I am in elementary school.

I usually control fly-a-ways with gel but that would just revert my hair and blah blah blah i'd rather just...NOT!

What are you using to tame your mane when its straight?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Use a good heat protectant/serum. I use Chi Silk Infusion and I never get fly aways. Maybe try putting some oil on the strands that are sticking up and then tie your hair with a scarf to lay it down.

What products did you use before/during the blowout?

bklynLadee

Use a good heat protectant/serum. I use Chi Silk Infusion and I never get fly aways. Maybe try putting some oil on the strands that are sticking up and then tie your hair with a scarf to lay it down.

What products did you use before/during the blowout?

Prettymetty haayy hun! ummm I used Sabino Moisture Block and also the keratin treatment by organix. I guess the humidity hasn't been so bad in Houston so my hair isn't too bad. It even drizzled and my hair has been pretty okay.

I was trying to use the edge control but it wasn't giving me the results I want.

When my hair was curly...I would use gel. But I dont want to use gel b/c I fear it will revert.

I tried to find a pomade at Walmart but I saw a humidity/holding spray by Pantene...I will try tomorrow and report back.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty haayy hun! ummm I used Sabino Moisture Block and also the keratin treatment by organix. I guess the humidity hasn't been so bad in Houston so my hair isn't too bad. It even drizzled and my hair has been pretty okay.

I was trying to use the edge control but it wasn't giving me the results I want.

When my hair was curly...I would use gel. But I dont want to use gel b/c I fear it will revert.

I tried to find a pomade at Walmart but I saw a humidity/holding spray by Pantene...I will try tomorrow and report back.

Hey girl! Yeah our humidity is actually a friend not a foe. My blowouts last 2-3 weeks unless I go to the gym and sweat too much. Even then only the roots revert.

It sounds like you are using the right products. A pomade would probably give you the hold you need. I used to use Samy Fat hair pomade (cvs), but Idk if they make it anymore. It was a thickening pomade.

krikit96

Yaaaaaazzz hunty, chi silk infusion is EVERYTHING!
I've found that pomades do not work for me and gel does, I don't think my hair reverted as much as it was just nothing else I could do with my hair after that because I used the gel...