How do you fit all those rollers under a hooded dryer?

zzirvingj

I have been reading a few threads about rollersetting...and for those who have alot of/long hair, what hooded dryer do you use?

I would really like to know what dryer will fit alllll those BIG rollers that I see some of you use to set with. I already have a big head so if I tried to rollerset, with BSL hair, I'd imagine I would need a mighty big dryer to do it with LOL! :lachen:

Allandra

I have a Pibbs 514 dryer. When I do roller sets, I use a combination of grey and purple rollers. I don't have a problem fitting under my dryer.

naturalmanenyc

I also use a Pibbs. I have done sets with all gray rollers with no problems. There is not tons of room under the dryer with all the gray rollers but I do think that I could upgrade to a mix of black & gray rollers and still fit....albeit not likely with all black rollers. Pics are in my fotki with all gray rollers under the dryer.

Magnolia85

I have a gold n hot and I squeezed under mine by turning it the opposite way. Its more room in the back. HTH

Tarae

When I went to the Domincans they put me under the Pibbs with all gray rollers and I couldn't move. It was so tight and uncomfortable.
At home I use gray and purple/lavender rollers and it's pretty tight but at least I can turn my head. I use the pink ion dryer.
I tried the black rollers under it and it wasn't happening.

SparklingFlame

I got a Pibbs knock off from Salon Outfitters and I fit under mine with all grey rollers with no problem at all. And yes, I have a big head.

SparklingFlame

Heres a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAIR-DRYER-ON-S...67571QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Heres mine:

MadisonK

Ok...i must have an extra big head, because I have a Pibbs 514 dryer and I can't fit my head under it with the grey rollers. If I do a flexi rod set it's very, very tight. I try to use as few flexi rods and rollers as possible and put as much hair as I can without it being too much hair.

I started using my space helmet soft bonnet dryer again to do my flexi rod sets. And I use the smaller rollers when I use my Pibbs. :ohwell:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I have a big head, and when I try to do rollersets, I use purple and gray rollers and I can barely fit this noggin' up under there comfortably. Even when doing a flexirod set, it's still hard for me to get my head up under the hood. And because this is an issue, it usually takes a lot longer than I would like for my hair to completely dry. BTW, I have a Pibbs 514.

envybeauty

I have a big head, and when I try to do rollersets, I use purple and gray rollers and I can barely fit this noggin' up under there comfortably. Even when doing a flexirod set, it's still hard for me to get my head up under the hood. And because this is an issue, it usually takes a lot longer than I would like for my hair to completely dry. BTW, I have a Pibbs 514.

hold up, did d send you that cake???????
if so............:look:

i can't believe you can't fit under a 514. :blush: i use the large purple and next smaller grey rollers. the main key is not not use the largest rollers on the crown, but mostly on the sides under a pibbs.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
hold up, did d send you that cake???????
if so............:look:

i can't believe you can't fit under a 514. :blush: i use the large purple and next smaller grey rollers. the main key is not not use the largest rollers on the crown, but mostly on the sides under a pibbs.
Girl you are funny........no she didn't send it to me. But she was my inspiration for making it. After seeing all those delicious desserts she be making and posting on here, I decided that it was time to step my game up and get to cookin. I was really having a craving for chocolate that night, so I made it and had some yummy Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream with it (and a cold, tall glass of milk):lick::lick:

I'll have to try that roller-positioning tip. Thanks!~

Last edited:

envybeauty

Girl you are funny........no she didn't send it to me. But she was my inspiration for making it. After seeing all those delicious desserts she be making and posting on here, I decided that it was time to step my game up and get to cookin. I was really having a craving for chocolate that night, so I made it and had some yummy Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream with it (and a cold, tall glass of milk):lick::lick:

I'll have to try that roller-positioning tip. Thanks!~

oooooh. cause i'd be all up in her pm box with requests. :look:

kblc06

I have been reading a few threads about rollersetting...and for those who have alot of/long hair, what hooded dryer do you use?

I would really like to know what dryer will fit alllll those BIG rollers that I see some of you use to set with. I already have a big head so if I tried to rollerset, with BSL hair, I'd imagine I would need a mighty big dryer to do it with LOL! :lachen:

I have a conair flip down dryer that has a huge hood. A Pibbs would be ideal :lick:but I'm a college student at the moment on a college student budget :sad:

zzirvingj

That cakes looks sooooo GOOD :yep: It's calling meeee :spinning: LOL! :lachen:

zzirvingj

I have a Pibbs 514. I mesh sometimes but Im a lot faster with magnetics. Plus my magnetic sets come out a lot smoother.

Just curious....do the magnetic rollers you use come with the "snap on covers" or do you secure them with clips?

shunta

Thanks for posting...what brand/model of dryer is this?

You're welcome. :) This is a Venus Highland that I bought from Sally's last year. It's the same kind that most salons I've visited have. It was $169 and I bought the stand for an additional $35.