What hooded dryer do you use?

vtoodler

What brand of hooded dryer do you use on your hair?

What made you choose that brand, and are you happy with it?

Last edited:

darlingdiva

I use the Gold N' Hot Soft Bonnet Ionic Dryer.

I chose it because it mentioned frizz reduction and faster drying time. Also, it was one of the best ones in the store for the price.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri.

It was popular on the board so I got DH to buy it for me for valentines day (romantic I know...:lachen: I am in love with my hair though!)

I love it! It has an awesome temp setting and dries really well. The airflow is the best! LOVE IT!

CurlsBazillion

What brand of hooded dryer do you use on your hair? Ion

Good price at sally's and I am very happy with it. Its gets super hot and I'm ok with that because I can use medium and its better than a dryer that doesn't get hot enough. Simple and gets the job done.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I bought one off of Amazon that is just like this:

Its not the most expensive (about a 1/3 of the price of a Pibbs) but like a Pibbs - its very quiet and has all the adjustments for fan speed, temperature and a timer. The reason I purchased this one was based on a conversation with a local BSS store owner who assured me that I would be happier with almost any stand dryer compared to the portable hood dryers for one main reason - the motor size. The stand dryers use a larger motor which in turn will help dry your hair faster (esp important for rollersets and stuff like it). Plus it has nice features like upward air flow and all of that (if you are interested in technical stuff).

I also have a cheapy portable hood dryer from Sally's. Honestly, if you only plan to use a hood dryer for:
- Heated DCs
- A quick way to dry your whole head of hair and never plan to roller set or any long-term (in one setting) use of a hood dryer
- OR roller-set on hair shorter than SL

Then consider getting a cheap portable hood dryer. It will be more than sufficient for your needs. However, if you plan to do REGULAR roller sets and similar type styles that require the use of hood dryer (and your hair is longer than SL), spend a little more money and invest in a stand hood dryer. You won't be unhappy IMHO.

ETA: IF you happen to have an AMEX account with Rewards Points, you can cash in those points for purchasing stuff on Amazon. I bought my stand dryer this way with no money out of pocket.

Last edited:

Raine054

I use a Jeffco hooded dryer that I got from Sallys. It's the one used in salons that pair with an attachable chair. I love it.

winona

Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri

Why
I want a quality dryer that would last me forever.
I plan on being a complete DIYer.
The reviews on this board.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri.

It was popular on the board so I got DH to buy it for me for valentines day (romantic I know...:lachen: I am in love with my hair though!)

I love it! It has an awesome temp setting and dries really well. The airflow is the best! LOVE IT!

Same exact story here. And I love it as well.

Solitude

Golden Hot ELITE brand (different than the regular rolling one). I've had it for two years now and I really like it. I picked it because it was fairly cheap ($100) and available at a local beauty supply store. They carry it at some Sally's locations now.

I still plan to buy a Pibbs eventually...

Amazhaan

What brand of hooded dryer do you use on your hair?

Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri

Why?
  • I wanted a quality dryer, because the typical ones (from Sally's etc) weren't cutting it when I did roller sets while I was transitioning
  • I like the fact that I can set the temperature instead of the usual low, med, high, wig :look:
  • The Reviews on LHCF
  • I wanted a dryer on a stand, because I am tall and have a long neck it was always hard trying to set those things on on something where I could be comfortable. With the pibbs, I can set it however and get on LHCF when DCing... :grin::grin::grin:
I love it. It's a tad expensive but definitely a worthwhile investment, IMHO.

Natural Glow

Pibbs 512

It was cheaper than the 514

I needed something that fit huge rollers

I'm happy with it. It fell and the front cracked but super glue fixed that right up and it still works well.

Last edited: