How do you get a sleek look from a wet set??

L.A. Woman

I've seen very smooth and sleek hairstyles from those of you who wet set. But after I wet set my hair there's always a slight dent or ripple from the roller, not to mention curls. If I want a straight look, how do I achieve it without blowing it out after taking out the rollers?

Do any of you wearing straight styles have any step by step tips?

simone103

I don't use rollers when I dry my hair, but this may be option for you if you want straight hair. What I usually do is part my hair on the side after I've washed and conditioned it. I use a soft paddle brush and a fine toothed comb to smooth my roots, and then I sit underneath the dryer for about 45 minutes. When my hair is about 90% dry I wrap my hair. When I comb my hair out in the morning it's comes out very straight. You can also try the pony tail method. I stopped doing that method because I didn't like the indentation on my hair from the elastic band. I've tried in the past to use rollers to set my hair, but I couldn't get my roots to come out straight enough.

Tracy

I sit under the dryer with the rollers and then take them out and when the hair is still warm, I wrap it and tie it with a satin scarf. I go to sleep and when I wake up my hair is sraight.

If I want it straight immediately after the wet set then I wrap it dry and sit back under the dryer for about 10 -15 minutes. This gets my hair straight.