How do you handle your "bad" hair days?

queenofmean68

How do you handle your \"bad\" hair days?

I'm so sick of my hair I don't know what to do with it anymore! And since I've joined this board and learned sooo much I thought I would have seen some progress by now!
How do you work through your frustrations? I really need some advice or encouragement right now.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Re: How do you handle your \"bad\" hair days?

Before I go off on my hair,I quickly reverse my thoughts from negative to positive and say,"I love my hair." Also (not product pushining),but after I discovered Carol's Daughter product line,my bad hair days have been minimal.

Chanteuse

What about a wet bun with a phony pony? They always come through for me.

CocoaCure

SURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm a Surge Maniac now, but really truly, this stuff is great! This time yesterday I was seriously hating my hair! Today I'm back in love again!!! As for style on bad hair days, I usually just slick it back into either a bun or low ponytail. Most people don't even know if I'm haing a bad hair day since I usually wear it in a bun anyway! But again, purchase a bottle of the Surge Spray Plus 14 Revitalizing Spray, and a bottle of Woojee cream and let me know if you fall back in love with your hair! Give it at least a day and a half though!! See my post on this! This stuff is really fast acting! For the past week I've experienced an awful amount of shedding and extreme dryness and a little breakage, now I'm combing my hair with a fine tooth comb and getting nothing! My hair is super strong! Yours will be too and you'll love it again! Hope this helps!! Keep you head up! You'll meet your goals before you know it!

Kaela

When I get a series of bad hair days, I tend to go through a full treatment for my hair, and take the time to do it nice, and then that reminds me that its nice when I 'try'.
For example I'll do some combination of a few the following (not all things at the same time though).

Dusting or light trim
Hot Oil
Clarify
Deep condition
Hennalucent or Nondamaging color like Colourshines
Roller Set
Flat Iron

For example a few weeks ago I -dusted ends, hot oil'd, and flat-ironed-. My hair looked fabulous, and prior to doing that I was ready to take drastic measures. Just the other day I -hennalucent, deep conditioned- and that was nice too.

Just do something special but make sure you have the 'time' and patience to do it, and do your eyebrows and the whole works. Like a mini-makeover. Works wonders.

Angelicus

yea I wear a hat usually even if i am not having a bad hair day. I always have a satin scarf under the hat to prevent even more dryness (just say no to cotton stuff).

To be honest, since i have been doing conditioner washes, I haven't really had a 'bad hair' day.

inthepink

I don't have as many bad hair days as I used to also because of doing conditioner rinses.
If I do have a bad hair day, I just avoid the mirror b/c I don't want to be reminded that I don't like the way I look but I'll usually just do a bun.

Junebug D

Silk bandana- I got one from tenderheaded.com

Isis

A snood would have come in handy yesterday when I had a bad hair day!

karezone

Pony tail, bun, or butterfly clip.

Yall I just realized one good reason to wear my hair up. It prevents my ends from rubbing against my cotton shirt and drying out.

jrw

Put my hair in a bun during the day. At night I do a deep conditioning treatment and maybe a hot oil treatment as well.

ccd

I'll usually wash it to start over. When my hair starts misbehavin'
....it needs a good washin'.......

no time for that?? hats, a ponytail/bun and plans to wash it the next day or sooner