How do you know that you're not relaxing straight?

bunita

How do you know that you\'re not relaxing straight?

I have been reading all those posts of self relaxing. My question is how do you know in the process of relaxing that your hair is not bone straight? Can someone help me out with this? I want to relax my hair with Affirm mild and I have type 4b how long does it have to stay in my hair if I don't want bone straight hair?

BrEE

Re: How do you know that you\'re not relaxing straight?

since it's mild i would think that as long as you follow the directions and only leave it in for the 13 minutes and not smooth it in as much, your hair will not come out bone sraight.

Babygurl

Re: How do you know that you\'re not relaxing strai

I agree with Bree, I think its more of the smoothing that gets the hair straight, I think if you just apply the relaxer and not smooth it, the curl will be released but definately not bone straight.

kitchen_tician

ITA, it's all in the smoothing.

LABETT

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
ITA, it's all in the smoothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto.

Chichi

Yes, I agree with everyone else, it's all in the smoothing... I just did a self-relaxer this weekend with Affirm Fiberguard Mild Lye and I kept my hands in my hair (no gloves) so that I could be sure that my hair didn't get too straight. I wanted it straigther than a texturizer but definitely not bone straight.

Chichi

PS I am sure that this is the relaxer that Curve uses for their *Silkener* because my new growth looked like a silkener at the five minute mark