How do you maintain your twists?

NaturallyMede

does anyone have to use something on the ends of the hair to keep their twist in?

Mine stay in well by just putting the 2 strands together when you can't twist any further, and either twist the ends repeatedly around your finger or roll the ends together between your fingers in the direction you were twisting. Someone also mentioned putting aloe vera gel on the ends right before finishing each twist- I'm definitely going to try this (just after washing) in an effort to keep my twists neat :lick::lol:.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
The keys for me having really nice, long lasting twists on my fine, dense, cottony 4B hair were:
*completely clean and moisturized hair
*fully detangled and cleanly sectioned twist (metal pin tail combs give me the best parts but finger parting works well if each section is completely free of overlapping hair from other sections)
*I use LCO method on each twist with castor oil and seal the bottom 1/2" with beeswax
*I lightly mist a leave-in every day, use a moisturizer as needed
*Wash, condition, DC every week just as normal
*After every wash session I reseal the bottom 1/2" with beeswax
*Wear a satin bonnet every night, a silk scarf if my edges get fuzzy
*If I'm planning on keeping my twists for less than a month, I will do simple twist (just twisting two strands around each other). If I want to keep them more than a month (2 months and change is the longest I've gone without touchups) I will do torsion twisting, where the twist strands twist around themselves before twisting around each other &/or a three strand twist. These are very durable in my hair.
My twists will remain frizz free for at least three weeks. I like the frizz I get as they age as they look more like neat locs. Smaller twists last longer but are a pain to take down for me and mat after 1.5 months. Large twists can last virtually indefinitely, especially if I do a few touchups here and there after two months.

via LHCF App