fellow search and destroyers....

happylife

Today a friend and I did a search and destroy on my split ends. If I had to guess, we found at least 100 all over my head.

How many splits do you normally find on average & how many do you find before you decide that you might as well go ahead and get a hair cut?

TIA!

ChristmasCarol

Wow, that's alot of split ends for a S&D! Sounds like a good trim would have been in order. But, if you have the patience to find them all...wow. My oldest DD gets quite a few (flat iron junkie), but I give her a good trim every 8 weeks or so.

happylife

I agree. Its quite a few. I have not had a trim in over 6 months I think. We went thru it pretty well I hope.

I know I need a trim but, I am having a bad case of can'tletgoitis. I have gotten some growth over these months but I don't want to sacrafice all my good ends for a few bad ones.

ChristmasCarol

I feel you on not wanting to lose any hard-earned progress. I refuse to even up my ends at all until I'm full apl. BTW, your hair is gorgeous.

doriannc

I guess it depends on when the last trim was. I had a trim 2 months ago and I found maybe 20-30 knots/splits. I guess if you do it on a regular basis you would find less

happylife

I feel you on not wanting to lose any hard-earned progress. I refuse to even up my ends at all until I'm full apl. BTW, your hair is gorgeous.

Thanks! I just hope I am not making a mistake with not getting a trim. I hope if I do search and destroys it will keep me back from setbacks.

melodies815

I love to search and destroy. I think I do it every other month or so...no splits, but I have tons of single strand knots from any out styles (ssk's).

cj

happylife

I love to search and destroy. I think I do it every other month or so...no splits, but I have tons of single strand knots from any out styles (ssk's).

cj
I don't get too many single strand knots. Just a few every now and then.

Do you think the reason you have no splits is do to your s&d?

Do you trim at all?

longhairlover

now I don't find as many now when I do s&d but at first it was crazy how split my hair was and they were moving up in the strand :(, but I had to slow down with the s&d now my right side is shorter, should've just got a trim.