How Do You Use a Sally's Bun Donut?

Isis

How Do You Use a Sally\'s Bun Donut?

I just bought a bun donut at Sally's and I would like to know from you ladies the best way to make a bun with it. Do I just make a ponytail, put it through the hole and wrap my hair over the styrofoam? Will the gray of the styrofoam show through the hair? Can the styrofoam break off my hair?

Thank you in advance.

MaleiahT

Re: How Do You Use a Sally\'s Bun Donut?

I have a the same donut. I wrapped a satin material around the donut to prevent breakage(I used my boyfriends old wave cap). Oh and you also might want to use a rat tail comb or brush to evenly distribute the hair over the donut. I then use a satin scrunchie to but over it and tuck my ends behind the scrunchie. Sometimes Ill put some chopsticks in my hair as well. Its one of my fav protective styles.
HTH

Isis

Thank you MaleiahT. This sounds easy to do. I'll have to find or buy something that's black and satin to wrap around it and get a rat tail comb. Did you start by making a ponytail and do you use the ouchless bands?

Tebby1017

I wrapped braiding hair around the donut to protect my hair and to make sure none of the styrofoam showed.

Tebby

MaleiahT

Yes I start by making a ponytail first , but a low ponytail. At first I was using the ouchless bands but I notice it still snags my hair. Im thinking of using those old skool ties with the intertwining balls on the ends.

Isis

So MaleiahT, you prefer your bun to be low at the nape versus any other location? So far, that's what I've been doing (with my regular buns)mainly because it's easier for me to do. Do you find that it looks better when your bun is worn low?

MaleiahT

Yea I keep it low just cuz its easier. Also less manipulation too, since I dont have to gather all my hair up and stuff. I think it looks good both ways (low or high). Just a matter of preference