How do you use shea butter on your hair??

Saida

I just bought some 100% pure shea butter. its very creamy and thick like.. How do you use that on your hair? I imagine it's like coconut butter, where you warm it?? or let me know some ideas. and what and when I can/should use it??

tinkat

I use treasured locks 100% raw shea butter...but I don't even heat it up...I just rub it in my hands until it gets soft and apply...It is my staple moisturizer and I use it after I CW my hair...I don't even use shampoo to be honest..

Moroni

I mix 100% shea butter with mustard oil, and apply that to my scalp some nights before my cowash the next day.

Lotus

I mix shea butter with other oils and whip. I have portion control problems (like to grab scoop fulls of stuff *Im working on it*) so shea straight for me... is a NO-NO!

Anyways.. when I use it, I use it to seal.

Empress Yahudah

I mix shea butter with other oils and whip. I have portion control problems (like to grab scoop fulls of stuff *Im working on it*) so shea straight for me... is a NO-NO!

Anyways.. when I use it, I use it to seal.
That is what I do with my raw shea butter I melt it on very low in my slow cooker then mix it with other oils and goodies and whip it. I use the whip for everything face..hair..skin

stargazer613

That is what I do with my raw shea butter I melt it on very low in my slow cooker then mix it with other oils and goodies and whip it. I use the whip for everything face..hair..skin

Me too. Except I use a double boiler (placed inside of a large pot). I let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for a bit inside of a large bowl, then mix with an electric hand mixer. I then place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes, then whip it some more. The shea butter should look and feel almost like frosting after you're done mixing it. :)

Empress Yahudah

Me too. Except I use a double boiler (placed inside of a large pot). I let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for a bit inside of a large bowl, then mix with an electric hand mixer. I then place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes, then whip it some more. The shea butter should look and feel almost like frosting after you're done mixing it. :)
I know it looks so yummy I have to tell people while im whippin it up to DO NOT TASTE its not food:grin:

anherica

I do the same. I use it to seal after I've moisturized and I also use it as body butter. It's good stuff.