How does she do it?! (Reniece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

For those of you who have been to see Reniece, how does she trim the hair to make the ends so blunt and even?! I remember reading somewhere that hair grows best when it's one length and blunt on the ends. I know this is not a shared opinion (the blunt ends, I mean) and I'm not advocating it, but it seems that Reniece's clients are benefitting from the technique (and I don't mean just the cut!).

brittanynic16

Well any good hair stylist should know how to do a blunt cut. I have layers but my good friend and stylist does all kinds of cuts. Depending on the hair type he cuts the hair wet, dries it and then checks it again.

lexi84

Her clients are benefitting mostly from the low manipulation that her sew-in weaves provide.

lexi84

True, but some of us don't even get sewn in weaves from her, lol:grin:! She's just that good in regards to making hair 'come to life'!

You mean some of them? Wow, I didnt know that. I thought all her clients got sew-ins. Yea and I agree, she sure does make their hair come to life!!:grin:

Noir

It's not hard any reputable stylist should know how to do blunt cuts.

I had blunt cuts and then had layers and now I am growing them out. When I get to mid back I plan on getting the back ends cut blunt with the front slightly tapered.

I go to a salon that specializes in precision cuts and they are phenomenal.

watchmegrow

Well, I could see how blunt ends might grow healthier for some. For instance, split ends. It might be easier to find splits if the hair is all one length versus layered. Also, when it comes to focus on moisturizing my ends, I have to part my hair in different sections to find them because I'm layered.

Noir

Yup the reason why blunt hair is better for growth is because when hair is all one level it is less likely to tangle and cause split ends.

Lady Esquire

You mean some of them? Wow, I didnt know that. I thought all her clients got sew-ins. Yea and I agree, she sure does make their hair come to life!!:grin:

Naw, not all. MsKibibi and MsJettsetter go to her and neither of them are regular weave wearers. She's just good like that. Her results are flawless.

*fabulosity*

I guess I fail to see the Magic that she is working. If you go to a quality stylist..and they practice proper hair care on you..your hair will thrive. I mean I looked at her fotki and the pics were nice..but not to have like 10 threads on her at any one time. I've never had a weave; but I'm thinking a sew in is a sew in.. and low manipulation is the same. I think it is because a lot of the nikkos cousins are from the area that she works in..

Allandra

Yup the reason why blunt hair is better for growth is because when hair is all one level it is less likely to tangle and cause split ends.
This is what I've always heard, and I love me some blunt ends. My hair has been blunt cut for years. I don't think I want it any other way.

Ramya

*unpopular opinion* IDK but when I look at the results I can't help but notice how thin and flat the hair looks. Maybe it's because it's a length shot or something but when I look at her weaves they have a lot of dimension and style to them but when she takes photos of regular hair everyone's hair looks the same. It just seems odd to me :ohwell:

FrequentFlyyer

*unpopular opinion* IDK but when I look at the results I can't help but notice how thin and flat the hair looks. Maybe it's because it's a length shot or something but when I look at her weaves they have a lot of dimension and style to them but when she takes photos of regular hair everyone's hair looks the same. It just seems odd to me :ohwell:
umm...well... she does flat iron after she blow dries the hair. How exactly are you expecting it to look? If Miss Kibbibi's hair looks thin and flat, then...:rolleyes:

sexyeyes3616

I dont think her client's hair looks thin and flat I think she just get's her client's hair really straight. I know that Ms Kibibi and Ms Jetsetter go to reniece and their hair always looks fabulous to me when Reniece does their hair and it looks very healthy :yep:. Just my :twocents:

Last edited:

Ramya

umm...well... she does flat iron after she blow dries the hair. How exactly are you expecting it to look? If Miss Kibbibi's hair looks thin and flat, then...:rolleyes:

I haven't ever looked at Miss Kibbibi's hair nor do I know who that is but my point was I wonder why there is such a drastic change in "style" when she does weaves versus real hair :look:

JessCNU

Shooooot.... if I could snap my finger and have her clients results I would be snapping with the QUICKNESS!!!!!!

Ramya

I dont think her client's hair looks thin and flat I think she just get's her client's hair really straight. I know that Ms Kibibi and Ms Jetsetter go to reniece and their hair always looks fabulous to me when Reniece does their hair. Just my :twocents:

If you like that style great! I don't. I think it looks flat in comparison to her weave styles. :ohwell:

FrequentFlyyer

I haven't ever looked at Miss Kibbibi's hair nor do I know who that is but my point was I wonder why there is such a drastic change in "style" when she does weaves versus real hair :look:
ummm...maybe because the average person doesn't have the natural density and dimension that a weave track can provide?:perplexed

JessCNU

I don't think she is styling the hair like she would if she was really gonna "style it" ex: roller sets.... I think she just flat ironed it straight to show length. and I think it looks pretty thick. I think it would look ever more so with a roller set or if curled with barrel curlers

Ramya

ummm...maybe because the average person doesn't have the natural density and dimension that a weave track can provide?:perplexed

I don't believe that. She's a great stylist who should be able to "create" body using different techniques. I highly doubt that everybody's hair comes through the door that way. Her style seems to be super straight super sleek not much body or dimension. Some people like that and it does look decent but I just wonder if she can do anything else but that look on real hair.

Ramya

I don't think she is styling the hair like she would if she was really gonna "style it" ex: roller sets.... I think she just flat ironed it straight to show length. and I think it looks pretty thick. I think it would look ever more so with a roller set or if curled with barrel curlers

This is what I was asking. If it was just a length shot or a finished product :yep:

FrequentFlyyer

I don't believe that. She's a great stylist who should be able to "create" body using different techniques. I highly doubt that everybody's hair comes through the door that way. Her style seems to be super straight super sleek not much body or dimension. Some people like that and it does look decent but I just wonder if she can do anything else but that look on real hair.
Why not email and ask her?

FrequentFlyyer

I guess I fail to see the Magic that she is working. If you go to a quality stylist..and they practice proper hair care on you..your hair will thrive. I mean I looked at her fotki and the pics were nice..but not to have like 10 threads on her at any one time. I've never had a weave; but I'm thinking a sew in is a sew in.. and low manipulation is the same. I think it is because a lot of the nikkos cousins are from the area that she works in..

And there you have it (@the bolded). While I am aware that many people did not come here 'needing' a solution to a hair 'problem' I was one of the ones who did. I've been on this board for a MINUTE (don't let the join date fool ya:grin:) and the 'magic' was that Reniece was the quality stylist who was able practice proper haircare on me... and my hair thrived... I mean, let's just keep it real frank for a second... it would be one thing if every member of this board set foot in here with their 'before' pics looking like Reniece's 'after' pics. While there are quite a few, we all know that is really not the general concensus for lots of folks on this forum. I knew that no matter how much I tried to do my hair on my own, it was not going to give me the results that Reniece would be able to give me. I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, but lets not act like the woman's work is just so average and common. If that were the case, there would not be all the"
"My stylistgotscissorhappy/leftmyrelaxerintoolong/went frombrastaptobaldstrapcuzofmystylist/myhairisbreakingfromproteinoverload" threads that are oh so common on here.

loved

I am amazed by her makeovers, including Reniece's own journey. I think she just started over within the past year.

Ediese

And there you have it (@the bolded). While I am aware that many people did not come here 'needing' a solution to a hair 'problem' I was one of the ones who did. I've been on this board for a MINUTE (don't let the join date fool ya:grin:) and the 'magic' was that Reniece was the quality stylist who was able practice proper haircare on me... and my hair thrived... I mean, let's just keep it real frank for a second... it would be one thing if every member of this board set foot in here with their 'before' pics looking like Reniece's 'after' pics. While there are quite a few, we all know that is really not the general concensus for lots of folks on this forum. I knew that no matter how much I tried to do my hair on my own, it was not going to give me the results that Reniece would be able to give me. I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, but lets not act like the woman's work is just so average and common. If that were the case, there would not be all the"
"My stylistgotscissorhappy/leftmyrelaxerintoolong/went frombrastaptobaldstrapcuzofmystylist/myhairisbreakingfromproteinoverload" threads that are oh so common on here.

You're absolutely correct! She is a quality stylist. If there was one of her out here, I wouldn't be so fearful to get my hair trimmed.

is it me or is everyone's head jacked up in the before pics?

Umm yeah, I would imagine so..... if they're particularly coming in for revitalization services. :rolleyes: She usually takes the pictures as folks come in or after a blowdry. I have a mugshot of my own when she first did my hair .... and yeah, my hair was jacked. And there wasn't no two ways around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.