How does she do it?! (Reniece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmr

Hrm. everyone's entitled to an opinion - so here's mine. I don't care if Ms Kibibi and Ms Jetsetter look like twins afterwards, don't care if all of her clients look like stepford wives - Reneice's clients have hair that is long, healthy, no split ends, no broken off hairs that flyaway. If it were that easy to find a good stylist... I (and many others) wouldn't be here.

If you look at mskibibi's fotki, there is a recent setback where she went to another stylist and her hair clearly suffered (proof is in the pics). So...I'm a fan, on the bandwagon.

So the OP wanted to know HOW to do that.....so do I!

Chevelure618

It's not hard any reputable stylist should know how to do blunt cuts.

I had blunt cuts and then had layers and now I am growing them out. When I get to mid back I plan on getting the back ends cut blunt with the front slightly tapered.

I go to a salon that specializes in precision cuts and they are phenomenal.
What salon do you go to for your precision cut? Is it in NYC or London?

lux10023

dittttoooooo
im not taking away from a sister--but i didnt see the MAGIC that she worked--any GOOD hairstylist should provide good results--so in a nutshell she does what she is suppose to do

now if a client was bald one day and had bsl hair the next day--then thats amazing--but she is doing regular hair techniques---wtf lmaooo

I guess I fail to see the Magic that she is working. If you go to a quality stylist..and they practice proper hair care on you..your hair will thrive. I mean I looked at her fotki and the pics were nice..but not to have like 10 threads on her at any one time. I've never had a weave; but I'm thinking a sew in is a sew in.. and low manipulation is the same. I think it is because a lot of the nikkos cousins are from the area that she works in..

Last edited:

Noir

What salon do you go to for your precision cut? Is it in NYC or London?
I go to Toni and Guy in London (they also have a NYC location - although I heard it is not as good)

The salon I go to here (which I mentioned in my post above) is is Hoboken NJ. Not too far from NYC at all. The salon is http://saloncaru.com/index.html. It is predominantly a white salon but they do ALL kinds and they do great blow outs (esp Tina).

FrequentFlyyer

dittttoooooo
im not taking away from a sister--but i didnt see the MAGIC that she worked--any GOOD hairstylist should provide good results--so in a nutshell she does whay she is suppose to do

now if a client was bald one day and had bsl hair the next day--then thats amazing--but she is doing regular hair techniques---wtf lmaooo
Hey Bap! (wink wink):wave:

I feel ya girlie, but here is the thing... have you SEEN some of the before chicks? One girl's hair was extremely damaged, almost beyond repair if you ask me, and Reniece was able to make her ready for the perm box.

What stands out to me about Reniece is that she seems very good at turning hopeless situations around. She seems to have a vision when it comes to her clients and is very patient and dedicated in regards to seeing that vision come to fruition.

Anew

I guess I fail to see the Magic that she is working. If you go to a quality stylist..and they practice proper hair care on you..your hair will thrive. I mean I looked at her fotki and the pics were nice..but not to have like 10 threads on her at any one time. I've never had a weave; but I'm thinking a sew in is a sew in.. and low manipulation is the same. I think it is because a lot of the nikkos cousins are from the area that she works in..
Interesting..

Anew

*unpopular opinion* IDK but when I look at the results I can't help but notice how thin and flat the hair looks. Maybe it's because it's a length shot or something but when I look at her weaves they have a lot of dimension and style to them but when she takes photos of regular hair everyone's hair looks the same. It just seems odd to me :ohwell:
I think the sole purpose is to show the length, health and overall process. You start styling, curling and primping you kinda miss that. I could be wrong

*fabulosity*

And there you have it (@the bolded). While I am aware that many people did not come here 'needing' a solution to a hair 'problem' I was one of the ones who did. I've been on this board for a MINUTE (don't let the join date fool ya:grin:) and the 'magic' was that Reniece was the quality stylist who was able practice proper haircare on me... and my hair thrived... I mean, let's just keep it real frank for a second... it would be one thing if every member of this board set foot in here with their 'before' pics looking like Reniece's 'after' pics. While there are quite a few, we all know that is really not the general concensus for lots of folks on this forum. I knew that no matter how much I tried to do my hair on my own, it was not going to give me the results that Reniece would be able to give me. I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, but lets not act like the woman's work is just so average and common. If that were the case, there would not be all the"
"My stylistgotscissorhappy/leftmyrelaxerintoolong/went frombrastaptobaldstrapcuzofmystylist/myhairisbreakingfromproteinoverload" threads that are oh so common on here.

Okay, wow.. just stating my opinion. I am from Detroit. Yes we are known for weaves and such.. but a lot of people have healthy beautiful hair! I cut my hair to shoulder length because it's what I wanted at that time.. then I did a few improper things (bleached right on top of a fresh relaxer..ouch) and got some breakage. My current stylists have nothing but long healthy haired people (I feel like I am neck length when I'm there because the hair is JUST that gorgeous)..who when they get done (including myself) look like a hair magazine. I'm not posting a billion threads "OMG ..<<insert stylist name here>> is a miracle worker because she laced a few tracks in which allowed me to not do anything with my hair..and bygollygeewow..it grew... Ummm.. Hair is going to grow! Retention is the problem that most of us have. I figure there are places that if someone is TRAINED in the art of hair care..and they treat it as their CRAFT...then anyone who is touching my head should know that. Now if she grew these people's hair without weaves.. I guess I would be a little more impressed. Not saying she's not good at what she does because I don't know her personally.

I'm glad you that are happy with her though. I'm happy with my stylist too..

*fabulosity*

dittttoooooo
im not taking away from a sister--but i didnt see the MAGIC that she worked--any GOOD hairstylist should provide good results--so in a nutshell she does what she is suppose to do

True story right there!

lux10023

and that there is my point---NO MANIPULATION WILL ALLOW HAIR TO GROW--

period

i know alot about hair care trust ive seen it all===both my aunts own salons--ive seen my aunts do something as in a customer comes in near to damn bald headed and in several months have a decent amount of hair--now i attribute that to my aunts being well versed and skilled in their trade of haircare--
to me a weave is a protective style and it allows for very little manipulation--now if someone hair does not grow under a weave now there is something wrong WITH THAT PERSON---lmaoooooooo

i dont see it maybe because the so called heavenly renice weaves--that i see on her site--are the same weaves ive seen since i was 5 yrs old sitting in my aunts salon being done--

to me her weaves are normal--

in the end go head reneice---do you get that guap---mmmkayyyy

Okay, wow.. just stating my opinion. I am from Detroit. Yes we are known for weaves and such.. but a lot of people have healthy beautiful hair! I cut my hair to shoulder length because it's what I wanted at that time.. then I did a few improper things (bleached right on top of a fresh relaxer..ouch) and got some breakage. My current stylists have nothing but long healthy haired people (I feel like I am neck length when I'm there because the hair is JUST that gorgeous)..who when they get done (including myself) look like a hair magazine. I'm not posting a billion threads "OMG ..<<insert stylist name here>> is a miracle worker because she laced a few tracks in which allowed me to not do anything with my hair..and bygollygeewow..it grew... Ummm.. Hair is going to grow! Retention is the problem that most of us have. I figure there are places that if someone is TRAINED in the art of hair care..and they treat it as their CRAFT...then anyone who is touching my head should know that. Now if she grew these people's hair without weaves.. I guess I would be a little more impressed. Not saying she's not good at what she does because I don't know her personally.

I'm glad you that are happy with her though. I'm happy with my stylist too..

Last edited:

Anew

Oh gosh...

I posted a Reniece thread but I don't frequent this board as much as most of you do nor do I go looking to see if anyone has made a call out thread before I do.

SilverSurfer

I agree that she is doing what a skilled hair care stylist would do' know how to style hair and take care of the hair as well, but still, her client transformations pictures are outrageous!

LondonDiva

Yup the reason why blunt hair is better for growth is because when hair is all one level it is less likely to tangle and cause split ends.

Amen to that after blunt cutting my hair all the same length in March 08 everything right down to detangling is easier, it looks thicker too.

BillsBackerz67

I wish I could go blunt...but it aint happening. My hair still kinda too thick with the layers. cant imagine have hair all one length.

I like renieces results :yep:

sexyeyes3616

Hrm. everyone's entitled to an opinion - so here's mine. I don't care if Ms Kibibi and Ms Jetsetter look like twins afterwards, don't care if all of her clients look like stepford wives - Reneice's clients have hair that is long, healthy, no split ends, no broken off hairs that flyaway. If it were that easy to find a good stylist... I (and many others) wouldn't be here.

If you look at mskibibi's fotki, there is a recent setback where she went to another stylist and her hair clearly suffered (proof is in the pics). So...I'm a fan, on the bandwagon.

So the OP wanted to know HOW to do that.....so do I!

In the OP she asked how does she do the blunt ends trim and her clients seem to be benefiting from it and thats what everyone was talking about until a different kind of post that really wasn't about what the OP's wrote(well at least to me) was made and people responded to it. The OP thinks that her clients hair is benefiting from blunt ends and she thinks their hair is healthy. I brought up Ms Jetsetter and MsKibibi because their hair looks healthy to me as well. Maybe I need to add healthy to my post. Now everyone is back on topic which is blunt ends. Thats all I have to say.:rolleyes: Have a good night ladies :)

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

Also I dont think that all of them have perfectly blunt cut hair. I think for some of them she did a blend trim where the uneven ends where cut to blend in the the longer hairs. This is how my hair is cut. If my hair is flat ironed super sleek, it looks like my hair is blunt. You can see the layers if its curled or I wear a WNG

Last edited:

TLC1020

Ok ladies.. I have 1 question?????
For the best results is it best to cut/trim/dust hair when wet or dry?

Also I dont think that all of them have perfectly blunt cut hair. I think for some of them she did a blend trim where the uneven ends where cut to blend in the the longer hairs. This is how my hair is cut. If my hair is flat ironed super sleek, if looks like my hair is blunt. You can see the layers if its curled or I wear a WNG

Right, some of her clients have a long-layered effect. I always wore layering along the sides and long layers in the back. :yep:

LondonDiva

I do mine on wet and ONLY freshley relaxed hair. The hair is weighed down with the weight of the water [I get a better cut this way and less flyaways when getting a precise cut] and when dry the cut is so uniform all over and looks very blunt. I've cut on dry hair not so great. :nono:

I've noticed in white salons they cut on wet hair and the asian one i go to to get my eyebrows threaded.

In the OP she asked how does she do the blunt ends trim and her clients seem to be benefiting from it and thats what everyone was talking about until a different kind of post that really wasn't about what the OP's wrote(well at least to me) was made and people responded to it. The OP thinks that her clients hair is benefiting from blunt ends and she thinks their hair is healthy. I brought up Ms Jetsetter and MsKibibi because their hair looks healthy to me as well. Maybe I need to add healthy to my post. Now everyone is back on topic which is blunt ends. Thats all I have to say.:rolleyes: Have a good night ladies :)

Yeah, to me it seems like threads about her always go OT and certain folks get all riled (sp?) up. Including me.

It always seems that people.... nevermind..... You're damned if you do - you're damned if you dont....maybe I'll just start my own thread...

Now, back on topic.... Blunt ends are fierce! Lol.

shmmr

Ah, I've never had a stylist cut my hair while wet (honestly thought that was something only white people did - don't flog me!). Are you cutting your own hair wet? If so, does it look even when it dries?

*tries not to get riled up*

Okay, nevermind. I didn't read your post thoroughly - wet cut, do it yourself, dries even.
Thx - I may talk to my stylist about it next time - I don't want to cut it myself...

Last edited:

shunta

This is a very debated question. I've read that it's best to do it on dry hair. I think Sistaslick had an article explaining the benefits of trimming on dry hair. Anyhoo, I loooove blunt ends.:love: Too bad Reniece can't be my stylist. Her clients hair are the business. :yep:

BillsBackerz67

This is a very debated question. I've read that it's best to do it on dry hair. I think Sistaslick had an article explaining the benefits of trimming on dry hair. Anyhoo, I loooove blunt ends.:love: Too bad Reniece can't be my stylist. Her clients hair are the business. :yep:
Dry hair works better for my hair. you really cant see the damage and lots of areas where missed last time I had a wet trim. never again.:nono:

Mystic

You absolutely read my mind. I also wanted to know how she straightens the hair to give such smooth, luscious, sleek look that has so much body. Her technigue blows my mind because it's not often you see that kind of swang in the hair strands. I would LOVE to know her secret.

P.S. have been to MANY salons (cheap, expensive, good, bad) and my hair never ever look as good as Reniece's clients hair. Oh well....

For those of you who have been to see Reniece, how does she trim the hair to make the ends so blunt and even?! I remember reading somewhere that hair grows best when it's one length and blunt on the ends. I know this is not a shared opinion (the blunt ends, I mean) and I'm not advocating it, but it seems that Reniece's clients are benefitting from the technique (and I don't mean just the cut!).

Last edited:

bee

I was just asking about her technique. Sorry, my bad. I didn't mean for this thread to be a critique of Reniece's work. I admire her work and was just wondering if maybe you all had more insight about her technique. & that was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.