How does she do it?! (Reniece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irresistible

You absolutely read my mind. I also wanted to know how she straightens the hair to give such smooth, luscious, sleek look that has so much body. Her technigue blows my mind because it's not often you see that kind of swang in the hair strands. I would LOVE to know her secret.

P.S. have been to MANY salons (cheap, expensive, good, bad) and my hair never ever look as good as Reniece's clients hair. Oh well....

it always looks like fine silk:yep:

Irresistible

And there you have it (@the bolded). While I am aware that many people did not come here 'needing' a solution to a hair 'problem' I was one of the ones who did. I've been on this board for a MINUTE (don't let the join date fool ya:grin:) and the 'magic' was that Reniece was the quality stylist who was able practice proper haircare on me... and my hair thrived... I mean, let's just keep it real frank for a second... it would be one thing if every member of this board set foot in here with their 'before' pics looking like Reniece's 'after' pics. While there are quite a few, we all know that is really not the general concensus for lots of folks on this forum. I knew that no matter how much I tried to do my hair on my own, it was not going to give me the results that Reniece would be able to give me. I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, but lets not act like the woman's work is just so average and common. If that were the case, there would not be all the"
"My stylistgotscissorhappy/leftmyrelaxerintoolong/went frombrastaptobaldstrapcuzofmystylist/myhairisbreakingfromproteinoverload" threads that are oh so common on here.
I Dont even let people do my hair

But I would let Reniece do it:yep:

*Happily Me*

I go to Toni and Guy in London (they also have a NYC location - although I heard it is not as good)

The salon I go to here (which I mentioned in my post above) is is Hoboken NJ. Not too far from NYC at all. The salon is http://saloncaru.com/index.html. It is predominantly a white salon but they do ALL kinds and they do great blow outs (esp Tina).

I know that salon. It's a couple blocks away from my house.

I don't know how to use the multi-quote feature but there were a few replies that I was trying to reply to at the same time:

Whenever I got my relaxer for progress pics, they were always done STRAIGHT to show the length and density of the hair. So to whoever said that she only does straight hair - false. .....So ummm would a "length" shot look better with some tight flexi rod curls or a french roll?? :rolleyes:

Plus, after I would get a relaxer service, I personally would want my hair flat-ironed straight because I wanted her to give me that SILKY SWANG and I wanted to see all the length. lol. Then in between relaxers I'd opt to get my own hair styled in curls or whatever.

She'll tell you in a minute that she is a conservative stylist so you're not gonna get a gel'd up, spritz'd up, freeze-curled hairdo from her.

Also, these pics are of HEALTHY HAIR Makeovers, not Suped Up Style Makeovers. :rolleyes: So again, the pics are done straight to specifically show progress.

Demi27

I don't know how to use the multi-quote feature but there were a few replies that I was trying to reply to at the same time:

Whenever I got my relaxer for progress pics, they were always done STRAIGHT to show the length and density of the hair. So to whoever said that she only does straight hair - false. .....So ummm would a "length" shot look better with some tight flexi rod curls or a french roll?? :rolleyes:

Plus, after I would get a relaxer service, I personally would want my hair flat-ironed straight because I wanted her to give me that SILKY SWANG and I wanted to see all the length. lol. Then in between relaxers I'd opt to get my own hair styled in curls or whatever.

She'll tell you in a minute that she is a conservative stylist so you're not gonna get a gel'd up, spritz'd up, freeze-curled hairdo from her.

Also, these pics are of HEALTHY HAIR Makeovers, not Suped Up Style Makeovers. :rolleyes: So again, the pics are done straight to specifically show progress.

Exactly. Would sort of defeat the purpose. LOL.

Sigh. I'm so mad. I moved to Rockville last year and SWORE I was gonna go see her and never got around to it. I still live in the DMV area, but I'm trying to just keep my hair out (for now..but I keep changing my mind).
I think she does a good job from the pictures. Also, from what I heard she's SUPER DUPER nice, so that in itself is enough for me to give her major props. I've known several hair stylists who could do hair, but their attitudes left so much to be desired.

Ramya

Again for the billionth time I was just asking if she did anything else other than straight hair b/c that's ALL SHE SHOWS. Nobody is taking anything from her. I just thought it was odd that she showcased just weave "styles" and only straight real hair. Dang yall so sensitive about yall precious stylist. *adds her to untouchables list* :look:

Ediese

Now that I think about it, I haven't been able to go to a stylist to get my hair straightened, and have been able to walk away with those results.

I always go in a salon looking for that swanging, super sleek, silky -- yes I might have a relaxer look. Unfortunately, my hair tends to always have alot of texture. I know I'm just about natural, but at times I like to wear my hair with a bone straight look. I hate that when I get it straigthened I still have to stretch it to show length. I'll love to be able to get my hair straightened to look as sleek as those pics above.

Anew

Again for the billionth time I was just asking if she did anything else other than straight hair b/c that's ALL SHE SHOWS. Nobody is taking anything from her. I just thought it was odd that she showcased just weave "styles" and only straight real hair. Dang yall so sensitive about yall precious stylist. *adds her to untouchables list* :look:
Do you understand why she shows them that way though, lol

Those are progress pics. Just about every relaxed head on this board shows their hair progress in a straight state. Even if its the nape or one little section, its straight so you can see the length and health. That's why she shows it like that.

I'd just assume that folks could see that if she could style weave the way she does she could do the same for your real hair.

I don't mean to offend with my post btw...

Ramya

Those are progress pics. Just about every relaxed head on this board shows their hair progress in a straight state. Even if its the nape or one little section, its straight so you can see the length and health. That's why she shows it like that.

I'd just assume that folks could see that if she could style weave the way she does she could do the same for your real hair

No I understand why she does it and a lot of people do show their hair in a super straight style to show length. I never did. But my point is I would like to see her styles on REAL hair b/c at this point the only thing I would go to her for is a weave. The bold is not always true and I am not one to risk my REAL hair on someone who does great weave. Other posters said it themselves "real hair doesn't have the body and density of a weave" which I also think is false. I'd like to see examples of other styles besides length shots. I would be shocked if their hair didn't grow after months/years of wearing a protective style like a weave. She does great weave but what else does she do? :ohwell:

RubyWoo

I'd just assume that folks could see that if she could style weave the way she does she could do the same for your real hair.

ITA;especially @the highlighted point. I mean, I didn't think that needed to be said but evidently it did.

Anew

No I understand why she does it and a lot of people do show their hair in a super straight style to show length. I never did. But my point is I would like to see her styles on REAL hair b/c at this point the only thing I would go to her for is a weave. The bold is not always true and I am not one to risk my REAL hair on someone who does great weave. Other posters said it themselves "real hair doesn't have the body and density of a weave" which I also think is false. I'd like to see examples of other styles besides length shots. I would be shocked if their hair didn't grow after months/years of wearing a protective style like a weave. She does great weave but what else does she do? :ohwell:

Okay, gotcha. I've been stalking her fotki for years, lol. But she has pictures of her and Breon's real hair in her albums, they're not all straight pics.

RubyWoo

If you're genuinely interested in seeing her other (non-weave) work, you could just email her. I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem. On her site she does heavily showcase her work with weave and the progress attained from it.

I guess folks really are different because I don't see how much a difference in styling a weave and styling hair whether they're using heat, rollers or whatever. Hair is hair; whether it is real or fake. The weave looks people attain are some of the same looks that people already have w/o the need for a few tracks or a full head weave.

Last edited:

RubyWoo

Okay, gotcha. I've been stalking her fotki for years, lol. But she has pictures of her and Breon's real hair in her albums, they're not all straight pics.

yup, that's true..I forgot about that..lol! Yeah, she definitely can style hair; weave or no weave imo!

moneychaser

and that there is my point---NO MANIPULATION WILL ALLOW HAIR TO GROW--

period

i know alot about hair care trust ive seen it all===both my aunts own salons--ive seen my aunts do something as in a customer comes in near to damn bald headed and in several months have a decent amount of hair--now i attribute that to my aunts being well versed and skilled in their trade of haircare--
to me a weave is a protective style and it allows for very little manipulation--now if someone hair does not grow under a weave now there is something wrong WITH THAT PERSON---lmaoooooooo

i dont see it maybe because the so called heavenly renice weaves--that i see on her site--are the same weaves ive seen since i was 5 yrs old sitting in my aunts salon being done--

to me her weaves are normal--

in the end go head reneice---do you get that guap---mmmkayyyy

True, low manipulation is the key to growth, but you do need a quality stylist that is skilled in relaxing so youre not walking around with 10 strands touching your waist.
Retaining length is only half the battle if you ask me. Whats the point of having long hair if its all thin and lifeless from being overprocessed?? :perplexed

BTW, I go to Reniece for relaxers only and my hair is not hardly thin :lachen:

FrequentFlyyer

Girl thank you!! What did Jigga say in that song with Jeezy? I think it was "Go do your research".

Status
Not open for further replies.