How has more frequent washing helped your hair?

chayil0427

I've noticed that the more I wash my hair the moister it feels and the healthier my scalp is.

I was wondering who else has benefited from more frequent washing?

Chayil

SvelteVelvet

It has for me, I've never noticed so much progression in my hair in a short period of time and I believe it started with regular washes and sometimes a co-wash thrown in between.

Cleve_gryl

I've been washing twice a week and my hair and scalp have never been better. I used to only wash once a week (without a decent dc) and I'd use more poo.

The only thing that bothers me, is I shed alot and I feel like I'm manipulating the strands so much washing twice a week :ohwell:

tnorenberg

chayil0427 said:
I've noticed that the more I wash my hair the moister it feels and the healthier my scalp is.

Chayil

Same here. Even my ends stay moisturized w/o any moisturizing products. And the hair feels strong.

camellia

I definitely have!

My hair is so much more manageable ans moisturized. It doesn't break the way it used to. I deep condition with every wash so it's just silkier and stronger than it ever has been before.

sweetnlow06

I have noticed a difference for sure! I've noticed that my hair hasn't been breaking as much as it was. I started washing a couple times a week and co-washing everyday. I've noticed a BIG difference.

Brownie518

I have just stepped up my washing or cowashing to damn near every other day. We have been having some funky humidity here in NY and this keeps my hair tame. I have noticed that it is stronger, shinier, and healthier since I stepped it up. I am loving it.

taraglam2

camellia said:
I definitely have!

My hair is so much more manageable ans moisturized. It doesn't break the way it used to. I deep condition with every wash so it's just silkier and stronger than it ever has been before.

This is the same for me. My hair is definitely more smoother, moisturized and healthier looking. Before I started frequently washing it, my hair was so dry and very hard to work with which is why I always went to the salon and never did my hair myself. Now that I frequently wash and co-wash a lot I only go to the salon maybe once or twice a year tops.

FlawedBeauty

i have. my hair loves it. i think my fine stands cant stand the build up that comes from not washing for long periods and makes the strands break more easily. the pics in my siggy shows my hair before and after. before i started here i woulnt wash but like once a month! now im washing every 4 -5 days and doing a dc 2-3 times a week and my hair loves it. its more moisturized and my breakage has stopped almost completely. :)

Last edited:

smuice

chayil0427 said:

Chayil
.:) ditto

exactly that, a cleaner scalp and faster growth too, probably down to the pores being clean and unclocked in the scalp

pmichael52172

taraglam2 said:
This is the same for me. My hair is definitely more smoother, moisturized and healthier looking. Before I started frequently washing it, my hair was so dry and very hard to work with which is why I always went to the salon and never did my hair myself. Now that I frequently wash and co-wash a lot I only go to the salon maybe once or twice a year tops.

I'm like taraglam2. I use to think that because my hair was so thin and fragile washing every two weeks was best for me to prevent breakage. It was the buildup of grease and oil that made it feel smooth but that was just surface. I wash during the week and co-wash about 3-4 days later. I probably need to nix the co-wash because my scalp is still dirty afterwards.

With the more frequent washings, my hair is smoother and now hydrated within and I don't need much hair balm or oil, because it shines on its own! I still keep my strands because I don't even comb it until it's time to wrap it or roller set it. I wash in the shower too which keeps me from having to comb through it.

chayil0427

I see I'm not the only one who is benefiting from frequent washing....anyone else?

Anyone have a bad experience with frequent washing?

Chayil

HoneyDew

I have the same benefits.

My scalp never gets dry or flaky and my hair is NEVER dry.

Actually it is hard to believe. I never have to apply anything to my scalp - actually when I do that is when I get the flaky scalp.

Also, I don't need to moisturize daily - my hair just doesn't need it.