How I got out of my depression...

Kiadodie

I just want to put this out here incase someone may need it.

I was mildly depressed over the past 6 months. I really didn't know it until recently. I kept asking people to pray for me and I was calling the prayer line and she told me to read the book "The Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Myers.

My uncle is a very spiritual God fearing man and he told me that I've collaborated with the devil in telling myself that I wasn't good enough. He told me that I took my accomplishments too lightly and that I need to be more positive.

As soon as I started reading the book "The Battlefield of the Mind", I started to realize that I was depressed because of my own thinking. If I look all around me, I have a great life but the devil was convincing me that my life wasn't good enough. He kept pointing out the few things that were missing and that's where my mind would reside.

Ever since this realization, I've been more aware of my thoughts and I am making an effort to be more gentle with myself. The depression has lifted and I'm back to my old self again. :yep:

I just want to encourage anyone that may be going thru this to examine your thoughts because it has everything to do with how you feel. :yep:

I also want to thank ALL of the sweet ladies on here for their support and kind words.

God bless.

*5+5

I'm happy for you that you made it out of that dark place! If everyone would get out of their thoughts and into the present life they're living, we'll all be about to see how TRULY blessed we are :)

Highly Favored8

Thanks...you've been so helpful to me while going thru this. :kiss:

GLORY BE TO GOD! You are so welcomed! This is Why I Love God so much b/c He "is the Author and Finisher of Our Faith"! I Love when God "Works ALL things Togehter for Our Good to those who Love Him" :yep:

Again I am blessed by your testimony!:yep:

Last edited:

PaperClip

Excellent and beautiful testimony and word of encouragement.... Seeing the Word of God in action... re. Philippians 4:7-8:

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Hallelujah and may the Lord's grace continue to blossom upon you!

Angelicus

That book also helped me through a tough time. Satan wants us to feel isolated; he wants us to feel like we are the only one that is going through a tough time. He's the accuser, the condemner and the destroyer and the only way that we are going to be able to defeat him is to arm ourselves with the word of God and the blood of Jesus. Thank you for sharing your story!

ClassicChic

I picked it up yesterday. So far a good read. It's amazing how you notice the flow of negative thoughts that flow through your mind once you are fully aware of your thoughts.

**Tasha*Love**

Kia thanks for sharing your story. I pulled out my copy of "Battlefield of the Mind". I read the book about 3 years ago and it changed my life. I am going to re-read it again this week. Congratulations on become a new and better U! :rosebud:

Kiadodie

Kia thanks for sharing your story. I pulled out my copy of "Battlefield of the Mind". I read the book about 3 years ago and it changed my life. I am going to re-read it again this week. Congratulations on become a new and better U! :rosebud:

Thanks Natasha :yep:. Yes, this book also changed my life. I've been recommending it to everyone I know.

fashionista79

I just want to put this out here incase someone may need it.

I was mildly depressed over the past 6 months. I really didn't know it until recently. I kept asking people to pray for me and I was calling the prayer line and she told me to read the book "The Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Myers.

My uncle is a very spiritual God fearing man and he told me that I've collaborated with the devil in telling myself that I wasn't good enough. He told me that I took my accomplishments too lightly and that I need to be more positive.

As soon as I started reading the book "The Battlefield of the Mind", I started to realize that I was depressed because of my own thinking. If I look all around me, I have a great life but the devil was convincing me that my life wasn't good enough. He kept pointing out the few things that were missing and that's where my mind would reside.

Ever since this realization, I've been more aware of my thoughts and I am making an effort to be more gentle with myself. The depression has lifted and I'm back to my old self again. :yep:

I just want to encourage anyone that may be going thru this to examine your thoughts because it has everything to do with how you feel. :yep:

I also want to thank ALL of the sweet ladies on here for their support and kind words.

God bless.

My aunt bought the battlefield of the mind for me a couple of years ago. It is a very good book.