HOW LONG DID IT TAKE BEFORE YOU SAW RESULTS???

Lady Kay 21

Hi Ladies :D

Out of curiosity.... How long did it take before you saw results on your hair journey. I would make a poll but im not too sure onhow to do that. lol! :lachen:

Was it within days, afew months, weeks, years????

RegaLady

I had a very short pixie cut when I started about 1-2 inches around-that was last February. I am just now seeing dramatic results as I am about 3-6 inches (NL)on my hair. So I have to say about a year to see a significant difference. I hoping this year things will speed up.

Lady Kay 21

Thanks Ladies!

It can be a bit discouraging when ur working so hard and ur not seeing results as fast as you want, but I guess a watched pot never boils....

KEEP E"M COMIN!!!

HoneyDew

It was a couple of months when I started seeing more improvement in health. It was like one relaxer cycle.

PGirl

I have seen results that show my hair is alot healthier and thicker within a short time (2mos) but waiting for length is taking forever (its been 5 mos).

Adgirl

It took about two months or so before I saw changes in health. As far as length..it's more like 6 months or so...I have now BC'd and notice my hair gowing faster and is much more healther as a natural.

Simply_Kelz

Health before length. I joined in August 2007 with damaged hair, so my December it was healthier, and I started seeing real length around that time too, so about 6 months for length. It improved after that.

HeyItsHoney

I saw healthier hair within a couple weeks. I saw real growth in about 2-3 months!

Its is sooooooooooooooo hard at first when you come on here, and there's all these ladies with hair down their back. But everyone has to start somewhere and if you learn all the "tricks" on here, before you know it you will have your own long hair pics to put up.

:D

brittle_hair

This is a really good thread because I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged, can't stretch my relaxer any further will get it done on saturday at 8 weeks+ as opposed to my usual 6. Hopefully I will see some progress, also bought Biotin today, which should help my hair to out grow the rate of breakage..

mariofmagdal

My health was good. My daily supplements were on and off, being on the boards got me motivated back to consistant daily use.

My hair I noticed within a month. My hair was tangled and had a lot of shedding. That has stopped. I was not retaining growth. I am natural and had a poor wash cycle. The boards helped me to find better products and I became a weekly washer.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Health: about 2 months. I still have a little breakage, which I think is inevitable with a relaxer, but it has decreased substantially. Shedding is down to a minimum.

Length. My SO says my hair is getting long, but I don't notice it. However, last time I relaxed, I stretched for 8 weeks, and I had like a inch of newgrowth in some places.

audacity.

Thanks Ladies!

It can be a bit discouraging when ur working so hard and ur not seeing results as fast as you want, but I guess a watched pot never boils....

KEEP E"M COMIN!!!

are you taking progress pictures? that will help you actually see your progress...if you are doing all the "right" things, your hair is growing, trust me; but you won't notice it because basically (like you said), a watched pot never boils.

i didn't notice progress until i started taking pictures...typically it takes about 3 months to see some progress.

good luck, sis!

KEWLKAT103

Within days my hair was feeling better.
Within weeks it was amazingly better.
I never knew that all I needed was a little moisture and some TLC.

Lady Kay 21

are you taking progress pictures? that will help you actually see your progress...if you are doing all the "right" things, your hair is growing, trust me; but you won't notice it because basically (like you said), a watched pot never boils.

i didn't notice progress until i started taking pictures...typically it takes about 3 months to see some progress.

good luck, sis!

Ive been taking pictures, but I guess I'm just impatient.... :wallbash:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
3 months into my journey I really started seeing results and other people did too. It takes a while I think.

ETA: It got a lot thicker and a little longer too after 3 mths.

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

i have been treating my hair a lot better since i discovered the boards in november 2008. i changed my wash routine and products. i stopped using sls shampoo and my dry scalp has disappeared. i also started paying attention to my ends and moisturizing them every night. i have stretched my relaxer for almost 11 weeks. i'm relaxing this week before my birthday and will post pictures when i get back. i anticipate seeing some length but at the very least i know my hair is healthier.

i also think that one of the reasons i haven't seen progress is because i used to trim my ends every single relaxer - usually between 6-8 weeks! some of those trims were warranted b/c i wasn't taking care of my ends. i used to also use heat too much but i've cut back alot (only 2-3 times to blowdry, no more flat iron) and hope to eliminate it all together).

i have learned soooooo much from this board in a short period of time. i'm grateful to all of you:)

happy growing - we will all get there. just keep on keepin' on!

Lady Kay 21

This is a really good thread because I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged, can't stretch my relaxer any further will get it done on saturday at 8 weeks+ as opposed to my usual 6. Hopefully I will see some progress, also bought Biotin today, which should help my hair to out grow the rate of breakage..

I feel yah..... some people just make it seem so effortless to stretch for weeks even months at a time! I'm only five and a half weeks post and my new growth is out of control. I'm trying to stretch untill 15 so I'll just have to pray.

blessedandlucky

I feel yah..... some people just make it seem so effortless to stretch for weeks even months at a time! I'm only five and a half weeks post and my new growth is out of control. I'm trying to stretch untill 15 so I'll just have to pray.

hang in there and listen to your hair. my intention was to stretch anywhere from 10-16 weeks. (this is my first stretch). i'm going to the salon on wednesday one day short of a 11 week stretch. be patient with yourself and don't be pressured into going further than your hair wants or needs.

i definitely don't think it's effortless - at least not for me!

LaidBak

I saw results 1 month after my last trim. But mind you, when I say results I am talking about the health of my hair. I got 2 inches taken off in Dec. One month of sealing my ends and using growth aids has yielded me thicker strands of hair and less breakage of my ends. Now I feel I can successfully retain what I grow.

Junebug D

I think I first really started reading here at the end of November 2008 (ignore my join date!). And I see progress as far as health and length now, so about 2 months.