How long does your SO/DH want your hair to be?

DarkAngell

About a week ago I straightened for the first time since march. I was so excited to see I'm only a couple of inches away from WL. My fiance could not keep his hands out of my hair & kept mentioning how he can't wait until it get's longer.

At this point I asked him if he had his way, how long would he want my hair to be.

He turns me around & points to the top of my thigh! This man wants me to grow my hair to classic length!!!!!!

Does your SO/DH ever mention how long he wants your hair?

Triniwegian

No, he never mentioned it but her certainly admires long hair. He is very supportive of my WL goal.
He already thinks my hair is long (which it really isn't) :giggle:

twinkletoes17

LOL! Well your fiance and my SO are similar. I'm on the phone with him now. I'm at MBL and he said although that's a good length, he wants it down to my tailbone, at least :blush:

That sounds hard... a lot of hair, but it'll be a great personal challenge lol.

My SO doesn't really have a preference (or so he says).

I just BC'd and he says he loves my hair this way. But he also loved it when it was longer. So I guess as long as it "looks good" he doesn't care. Lol.:look:

rririla

He would like waist length.....I was close when I first met him....then thought I was Beyonce, and had a bleach mishap...(''WE'' were very upset, lol)....so now I'm back to APL...praying I can make it to WL, in a few years....:wallbash:

DarkAngell

Definitely a challenge!! I may go to HL and see how it goes but it's something to think about. For me growing my hair past WL means texlaxing my hair to a looser curl because I just can't do it anymore!

indarican

My SO never says how long he wants my hair but everytime i mention cutting it he has a fit... the only thing that he has ever said was he doesnt want me to do the "halle berry" or have bangs all the way to the middle of my eyes. Niether of which i would ever consider... lol

Supervixen

HA, trick question!!!

He wants my hair as long as it can possibly grow out of my scalp--he detests weave! He thinks my hair is long now (it is not--it's between APL and BSL), and was irate when I cut ~4" off in October.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Any lenght that will keep me from using these "ridiculous weaves".:rolleyes: his words not mine..

He has about 1.5 years left of waiting :rofl:

BTW-- He is my boyfriend not my hubby. So his approval is null :look:

DarkAngell

HA, trick question!!!

He wants my hair as long as it can possibly grow out of my scalp--he detests weave! He thinks my hair is long now (it is not--it's between APL and BSL), and was irate when I cut ~4" off in October.

YEA when i chopped of my hair and went natural in 08 he was not too happy about. Supportive....but not happy. I'm sure his unhappiness had also to do with that fact that I didn't even warn him before BCing.

Sianna

Umm... :look: I don't really care what my DH wants for my hair, I mean not really. It's my hair and his opinion is not really going to impact what I do or don't do in that matter. That's just me though.

I will however mention that he likes the fact that it's natural. :)

boundlessbeauty

He has never come out and said it but he wants it long and straight. He doesn't care if its relaxed or natural, just long and straight.

Fyi...i am natural[since dec 08] and haven't straighten my hair yet.

indarican

Any lenght that will keep me from using these "ridiculous weaves".:rolleyes: his words not mine..

He has about 1.5 years left of waiting :rofl:

BTW-- He is my boyfriend not my hubby. So his approval is null :look:

Mine says the same thing, you should here the things he says about women with weaves. He despises them.

Sapphire_chic

hmm I just asked. He said since it's natural, and very tighly curled, the longer I grow it the bigger it'll look rather than looking just long so he basically said as long as I can stand.

I then asked:"what about when I straighten it and it's like thigh length, won't it be too much" and he said: " you could just put it in high pony and braid it and it'll look hot"

not that I would ever grow it that long

Last edited:

bimtheduck

Somewhere between APL and WL.

Over Christmas he told me not to cut my hair any more and I was at APL then. I then told him I wouldn't becasue I was trying to grow it out to my waist, he said that might be too long and I would look like " one of those hispanic girls with real long hair."

I'm short so really long hair might make me look like Cousin It. I dunno we'll see.

Esthi777

Mine says I did the bait and switch on him. When I met him it was NL and I can't seem to put down the scissors so now its EL. We are getting married in Feb and I want it to at least be all one length at the chin. This will at least give me some options. I'm having a vintage 40s wedding and would love to do some victory rolls. He says he likes my hair the length it was when we met which was NL but I know he would love for me to grow it longer. The thing is, I really don't look that great with long hair...:nono:

JJamiah

My husband wants it at the bottom of my spine at least when I asked him last week on my back he showed me this. LOL

He is just nasty though he wants it for pulling LOL!

exubah

It's funny you asked OP because on Sunday my fiance pointed to some lady in Best Buy and said that's a good length (her hair was a little past BSL in a high pony so I'm thinking she probably was WSL if not very close to it). He said that because I told him earlier in the day that I was cutting a few inches (I am/was....I just cut last night......just touching MBL but now I'm a little past APL). I needed to even things up due to a setback.

I do want to grow to a healthy, blunt WL by the end of 2011, God willing!

exubah

My husband wants it at the bottom of my spine at least when I asked him last week on my back he showed me this. LOL

He is just nasty though he wants it for pulling LOL!

Too funny :lachen:that's exactly why my fiance wants my hair longer!!!! :nono::lachen:

bebezazueta

LOL! MY DH is the same way, he just wants enough hair to pull! My reply was I always go to bed with my hair wrapped in a silk scarf so too bad. More seriously, he would like it no longer than MBL since I am short (5 ft 3 in) He says any longer will make me look shorter. I am going for HL and wearing 4 in. stilettos all the way baby!

witharussian

I'm Haitian and my husband Is Russian, to him since I'm young he wants it long,but not sloppy looking. As I age though ( since that's what his use to) he wants me to cut it short to ear lenth. Old women with longr doesn't look good to most Russian men, but in the end it's all up to me.:grin:

PistolWhip

My SO likes natural hair(length doesn't matter) and hates wigs & weaves.I advised him I growing it out and he's like as long as there are no attachments ^^ then cool.

TLC1020

My fiance' don't have a specific length, however he met me with APL nearly BSL so atleast that length is fine... When I bc back in march he was like :blush: wth did you do :lachen:.. I do miss my hair though.. :ohwell:

He doesn't get into specifics. He just wants it long. I was bsl when we met. So, at least that.

witharussian

I'm Haitian and my husband Is Russian, to him since I'm young he wants it long,but not sloppy looking. As I age though ( since that's what his use to) he wants me to cut it short to ear lenth. Old women with longr doesn't look good to most Russian men, but in the end it's all up to me.:grin:

LeftRightRepeat

My husband is always encouraging me to cut it short. Maybe because when it's short, it's always styled.

But that's why i don't want it short...too much work for me to keep it looking good.