How long does your SO/DH want your hair to be?

Faux

Well I know that he is attracted to girls with long hair. He's also made comments that he finds short hair unattractive. His sister is tailbone length and he told me I should grow out my hair that long. :eek:

My goal is waist, I don't think I want hair longer than that because I'm only 5'2".

chasturner84

My bf thinks that my APL hair is long and cannot keep his hands out of it...he's never dated a girl with hair longer than SL. He loves the fact that I'm aiming for MBL.

BostonMaria

My DH loves my hair's length. He's more concerned about me cutting my hair Nape Length again LOL He loves to see my hair long.

cmbodley

he hasn't said but knowing him the longer the better, his main thing right now is he want to be able to "grab it & pull it & play in it" unnhhh uhhh. nope, nada, ain't happening, all I can imagine is strands coming out.....

newbeginnings2010

DH thinks that as long as it's not shorter than ear length, he's fine. He's also very against fake hair unless it's braids. Not sure why...maybe it's because it's more natural? He wholeheartedly supports the transitioning though.

SingBrina

About a week ago I straightened for the first time since march. I was so excited to see I'm only a couple of inches away from WL. My fiance could not keep his hands out of my hair & kept mentioning how he can't wait until it get's longer.

At this point I asked him if he had his way, how long would he want my hair to be.

He turns me around & points to the top of my thigh! This man wants me to grow my hair to classic length!!!!!!

Does your SO/DH ever mention how long he wants your hair?

Hey this is an awesome post!!! My fiance never really says how long, he just does not want me to do a Rihanna cut!!! But each time I grow it out a few inches and each time it gets fuller he will let me know he likes it from time to time. When I get it professionally pressed, he cant take his eyes off my hair, lololol!!! When I told him how long I was going to grow it he thought it was cool, but he is the type that will get more excited when he sees it instead of me saying it, lol! Then he is like "wow!"

NaturalPath

As long as it can get I guess. Hes more concerned about me cutting my hair. He almost had a heart attack when I showed him the bangs I cut lol

clevagirl73

My DH doesn't care about the length as much as he wish I wore something other than buns/ponytails. I'm APL aiming for BSL.

DarkAngell

LOL! MY DH is the same way, he just wants enough hair to pull! My reply was I always go to bed with my hair wrapped in a silk scarf so too bad. More seriously, he would like it no longer than MBL since I am short (5 ft 3 in) He says any longer will make me look shorter. I am going for HL and wearing 4 in. stilettos all the way baby!

I'm only 5'1" but i dont care! I've always wanted long hair! I think I want to try for hip length just to say i had my hair that long once, but I can't see myself being able to deal with it.

I always have itch to cut my hair short. I use to wear it in a short bob for years. It was like that when I started dating him. Everytime i threaten to cut it that short he gets mad!

fivetimestwo

I've had hair as short as a 2" TWA and my DH has always told me he likes my hair no matter what length. I think as long as it's "styled" in some kind of way he's good. :yep:

Diva_Esq

My husband MUST be a bigamyst! We are married to the same man! lol :lachen:

My husband wants it at the bottom of my spine at least when I asked him last week on my back he showed me this. LOL

He is just nasty though he wants it for pulling LOL!

nikolite

My hubby wants me to stop where I am (APL). He thinks its long enough. But I suspect that's because he wants me to stop wearing PS, half wigs, and the like and wear my hair out all the time. He never cared about long hair though, or even hair in general for that matter as long as it looks good.

Last edited:

DarkHair

Just long...no particular length....just long.

I recently cut my hair back to SL...and he helped. It'll grow back right?

Poopiedo

My DH has never mentioned anything about length but he said he prefers my hair than my wigs. When I met him I was wearing a weave. I told him I am using wigs to grow my hair out. I wear my hair out on the weekends. Now that he sees how much it is growing, he has less to say about me wearing wigs throughout the work week.

MariposaSexyGirl

As long as it will grow. My hair is very close to hip length now and he still doesn't want me to cut it. So I don't even know.

BonBon

It's funny because before I got together with SO I overheard him saying to someone in an "attraction" conversation that long hair was important/desirable. So there I was getting paranoid about it in the back of my mind with my TWA. He's also white so due to me only talking about hair annorexics on the boards I thought long meant WL princess hair:ohwell:

Lo and behold 2 years later when we went for drinks with some people SO described a woman as "the one with the long hair". I was like who? :confused: This woman must have been a little over SL! I'z over da moon:lol: I doubt I would go for WL anyway but if I can fulfil his long hair fetish at APL and meet my personal goal its all good.

sunnieb

My DH's preference is real hair longer than SL. He hates any and all fake hair (braids, wigs, weave, everything). I've never worn fake hair and don't ever plan to, so that's ok with me.

He told me that he doesn't care about relaxed or natural.

He thinks my hair is long now, so anything else I grow is all gravy to him!

Last edited:

Solitude

Every guy I've dated has appreciated that I wear my real hair, no matter the length. As long as it's styled and healthy.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
My sweetie doesn't care if my hair is chin or chair length. As long as it's cute, styled, and stylish. I'm currently APL, but he actually thinks a short cut like Halle would be fly!

lilsparkle825

He thinks it's plenty long now, but then again I get the impression that he wouldn't care how long it is, as long as I am natural.

Now the guy I was with when I BC'd had a FIT when I cut it into a bob and then another one when I dyed it blonde, and ANOTHER when I BC'd. He saw my hair this past April and was falling all over himself! He made sure to voice to me OFTEN his preference for long, dark, straight hair. The fact that I went from him to a man who kept EVCO and Kinky Curly in stock even before he met me has me over the moon. :drunk:

SleekyHair

My SO doesn't want me to grow my hair any longer. He finds super long hair unattractive. I'm still growing my hair to waist length. He'll get over it!