How long is too long? Any ladies aspire to have ankle length hair?

sckri23

Ok thigh length is my goal, when I get past that I'm cutting to wl and growing again

Anything longer than that looks unhealthy for some reason

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Ankle length hair would be amazing. My original goal was a full Classic length braid. So with calculating shrinkage and drawing up with braiding I would reguire finger tip to knee length hair. My knee is only two inches from my fingertips. That is my current goal. I am currently a few lead hairs a inch past Classic. Keep it growing ladies:yep:

offthechainliz

Yeah just below your butt

I love super long hair. It's not practical or attractive by most people's standards but I think that's what makes it so extraordinary

yeah!! we finally found one. :hiya: so would you say you would let your hair hit ankle length?

offthechainliz

Ankle length hair would be amazing. My original goal was a full Classic length braid. So with calculating shrinkage and drawing up with braiding I would reguire finger tip to knee length hair. My knee is only two inches from my fingertips. That is my current goal. I am currently a few lead hairs a inch past Classic. Keep it growing ladies:yep:

wow!! how long did it take you to grow?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I just wanna see how long it can get, and since I don't straighten my hair I don't think I'll feel longer lengths the same way. I'm past APL now, but it still only amounts to SL unstreached. So, I wanna see how long my curly length can get.

Vintagecoilylocks

wow!! how long did it take you to grow?

I started my journey with very stragglly shoulder length hair in 2002. I hit BC length in 2005 then due to illness, stress and the unknown I began to shed and stalled at BC.:perplexed I lost about 2/3rds of my volume. Thought I hit terminal til 2010 it stopped shedding and began gaining length again. Its been growing and filling in ever since.

Misseyl

I think bra strap is long enough. Currently I have shoulder blade length and I find it difficult to roll the back.

all_1_length

Last edited:

Satchmo

Full bsl to mbl is good enough for me. I find I'm less concerned with length nowadays- I'm more about body and style when I look at inspiration pics. When I see Kkee/shin/ankle length, my mind just goes 'hmm that's a lot of hair' and not in a good way. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, they tend to loose body when they get to that length.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Anything past HL loses my attention. At ankle length I have completely zoned out.

yamilee21

I just wanna see how long it can get, and since I don't straighten my hair I don't think I'll feel longer lengths the same way. I'm past APL now, but it still only amounts to SL unstreached. So, I wanna see how long my curly length can get.

I don't think most people realize that "really long" hair doesn't look or feel "really long" when you are natural and never/rarely straighten. My hair stays around shoulder - APL, BSB, MBL, WL, HL, or TBL straightened, no matter how long it gets, it still hovers around my shoulders in coily mode. My daughter's hair is the same way, even approaching classic, her curly hair barely looks SL.

I'll keep growing my air out forever and ever, in the hopes of some day appearing MBL unstretched, :lol:.

SimplyLive

I don't think most people realize that "really long" hair doesn't look or feel "really long" when you are natural and never/rarely straighten. My hair stays around shoulder - APL, BSB, MBL, WL, HL, or TBL straightened, no matter how long it gets, it still hovers around my shoulders in coily mode. My daughter's hair is the same way, even approaching classic, her curly hair barely looks SL.

I'll keep growing my air out forever and ever, in the hopes of some day appearing MBL unstretched, :lol:.

yamileez1 does the same happen to you with two strand twists? I feel like when my twists shrink, its as if its staying at the same length

WantNatural

I never really thought about ankle length hair. And while for right now I'd like to grow to at least hip, I'm not sure if I'll stop there or keep going. My shrinkage is such that I can't imagine it being impossible to handle at long lengths. As yamilee21 stated, I'm natural and don't wear my hair straightened, so I expect my hair to remain close to shoulder length unstretched at long lengths. So we'll see. As long as it's healthy, I think textured hair at long lengths is beautiful.

kellistarr

I guess it depends on what you're used to. Obviously, these women can manage their massive manes. I doubt that I could. Especially with all the crap that I do to my hair that is probably unnecessary. I bet those women don't even fuss over their heads; they probably don't have regimens and are low maintenance. All that hair made me laugh! I t seemed unreal.