How long is too long? Any ladies aspire to have ankle length hair?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
For me I would be happy with just BSL hair but do hope to grow it to HL maybe even classic. Being able to sit on my hair is a dream at the moment. I don't aspire to grow my hair to my ankles but I don't intend to do any major cuts unless my hair becomes an annoyance so we'll see.
I think hair that is long enough to drag on the floor behind you and be stepped in is too long. The last thing I would want is to bust my knees and falling on my face because of my hair.

cbanks67

Yea, HL is probably the longest I would go. When I first started here my goal was BSL. I've come a long way. Now I'm approaching WL and I might trim back soon.

SimJam

what exactly is classic length ?
cant watch the video in the Babylon, but for me hip is long enough.

koolkittychick

what exactly is classic length ?
cant watch the video in the Babylon, but for me hip is long enough.
I think classic length is down by your butt, as in the classic fairy tail princess length. Which I would think would be a lot of work to maintain, especially if you are natural. I knew a girl with type 2 hair at that length and it was such a nightmare combing/detangling all of that hair that she only ever wore it in a loose braid down her back. I couldn't even imagine how much of a chore type 4 hair would be at that length. :ohwell:

ManiiSweetheart

I think if your hair looks dry and brittle at any "really long" length then its time to chop that bad boy..
Ive seen women at the store with hair this long and it looks really gross, thin and wispy.

Personally i want TBL stretched or BSL/MBL curly hair and if i feel that it gets to be too much work (switch will never happen since im soo stubborn lol) or if it looks gross (which will also never happen) Ill chop it off and give it to charity

offthechainliz

In a culture where WL is probably average length and very long hair has religious and social connotations, I can see the appeal in ankle length hair. Personally, I wouldn't want that on my afro-kinky textured hair. Also, Indian hair is typically very thick, wavy, and coarse. Kudos to my (very) long-haired Indian girls because that kind of hair at that length can be a workout to treat and style.

so true! :yep:

Angel of the North

For me personally too long is anything past HL, I wouldn't like hair long enough to sit on, not only would it be far too time consuming and expensive with the amount of products needed, I could imagine the potential hazards that would come with hair that long. My ultimate goal is WL, but I think by the time I get there I would probably be tempted to have a go at getting to HL.

venusfly

This girls hair cut is fantastic! Long hair, based on a blunt cut but its layered for flow and movement. I'd wear long hair like this. I think her cut is sexy and full of volume and movement, stylish and anything but boring and matronly. I'm saving this video for a reference for when I reach goal length and want a haircut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI8PFCEwm6E

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Ya'll know these videos cater to men with long hair fetishes right?

I don't like their ends. I like layers and a smooth hemline.

regina07

I'd go for classic. It would be nice to have my hair cover my butt when it's flat ironed and with classic, I might have bsl wng.

it's the thickness I want tho'!

Babysaffy

Lol @ the comments under the OP video on YT.

Some REAL perverted men out there...talmbout he wanna put his crayon deep in her bun...smh

offthechainliz

You know looking at these Indian ladies made me appreciate our hair more. All of these ladies hair mostly look the same. (though beautiful) besides the slight difference in length you can barely tell the models apart from the back. It makes me appreciate black hair more because we come in so many different textures. kinky, wavy, coily, curly, kinky coily, kinky straight, and so on. With sometimes 2-4 different textures on our heads. So each persons hair is individualized to a certain extent. :love:

Mleah

I see it like this. Imagine that you are a women with textured hair that, because of some feat of product chemistry or magic :look: is able to retain length to reach to your ankles. I'd develop a line of hair products, regimen and technique that supported that growth and maintenance. I'd be the Madame C.J. Walker of the 21st century. The tragedy of textured hair is not the texture itself but the fact it wants to 'break' off its' relationship with us so easily.