How Long Should I Wait Before...

Ouch

..I put in twists again? :ohwell:

I big chopped in September and got the kinky twists (with extensions) on October 14th. Its been 2 months and 2 days and my twists are a mess. Good because it means the Boundless Tresses is working and bad because.. my twists are a mess! Hell, even my dad just told me that they look bad lol.

I want to take them out, however, I don't want to go back to them so soon. I mean, I want my scalp to breathe a little before I put them back in.

Now, how long is long enough? I don't want to be without them come Christmas and New Years. And even though its a mess, I don't want to take em out and be without a style come the holidays but I also want my scalp to breathe.

Did you get all that? :perplexed

I think you need to take them down right away. If you have a lot of growth i am scared you are going to have a tangled nightmare on your hands. I would take them down, detangle well, pre poo, wash, do a nice deep conditioning treatment, then maybe bun it for a week or two. Everynight I would cowash then put back in a bun. Then if you felt it was beneficial I would go ahead and put the twists back in. Don't leave them in for 2 months straight next time though in my opinion. Don't want them to start dreading up and depending on what products you use your hair will do just that with all the build up and the shed hairs.

Okay, you didn't ask me for all that huh? I just went off on a tangent :lachen:

I think you need to take them down right away. If you have a lot of growth i am scared you are going to have a tangled nightmare on your hands. I would take them down, detangle well, pre poo, wash, do a nice deep conditioning treatment, then maybe bun it for a week or two. Everynight I would cowash then put back in a bun. Then if you felt it was beneficial I would go ahead and put the twists back in. Don't leave them in for 2 months straight next time though in my opinion. Don't want them to start dreading up and depending on what products you use your hair will do just that with all the build up and the shed hairs.

Okay, you didn't ask me for all that huh? I just went off on a tangent :lachen:

Thanks for the tips. Its just I'm so busy and don't really have time like that. So to leave it like this for 2 months was like heaven for me lol.

Back