How long should I wait before I fix this mess?

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
I did it again........I underprocessed my hair and I am so MAD!! This makes 3 times in a row that I've done so. I don't know but my scalp seems more sensitive than usual and no matter how much I base my scalp, the relaxer starts to burn before I can smooth out the new growth (on a side note...can "that" time of the month cause me to be more sensitive than usual?). How soon can I do a corrective? My hair is in decent condition as long as I keep up with the protein treatments and moisturizing, but I am tired of this puffy mess and my hair is not even dry yet. I'm about ready to try to fix this mess tomorrow!! Is that a big mistake?

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
Thank you so much, Amethyst. As soon as I typed the post I was like....DUH.....try a search and see what comes up. The link was really helpful.

Amethyst

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Thank you so much, Amethyst. As soon as I typed the post I was like....DUH.....try a search and see what comes up. The link was really helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome SpicedTee. That's what we're here for /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
mirrormirror said:
Maybe you should go to a professional.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I was thinking.

marabou1

Hi Spicedtee:

Yes, that time of the month will cause this. Have'nt done my research yet, but hairdresser says she has and says that she's convinced that it's true.

She says that anytime she relaxes someone's hair and it doesn't take, when she asked if it's that time of the month for them, the answer is usually yes.

-Marabou

Integrity

interesting....so women, during menstruation, become sensitive in more ways than one. /images/graemlins/look.gif

nita4

SpicedTee,

I totally understand the underprocessed hair hell your are going through, but do not process your hair again to soon afterwards it will only create more problems. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Your hair will be weaker, damaged and possibly start to shed. Getting it done professionally is a good idea. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You want to aviod any and all setbacks if possible. Condition, condition and condition some more. Then try rollersets it should come out smooth or maybe even a braid out. Try if you can to at least wait until your normal touch up time. Believe me, you are better off with puffy underprocessed hair then overprocessed limp hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

I agree that if you've had this same problem so many times you should seek the assistance of a professional. Make sure you condition your hair very well and be sure to wait a FULL 8 weeks before relaxing again.

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
Thanks ladies for your good advice! I am going to condition like crazy and do the S-Curl and drawstring ponytail for a while. I also have very good results when I rollerset so I think that I can live with that until my next relaxer. And I have to cycle my relaxer away from that "other" cycle so that I can achieve the great results that I've had in the past. When I woke up this morning my hair was stuck to my scalp. I massaged those areas with jojoba oil, and put it all in a clip. I will definitely consult a professional for my next touch-up.....thanks all!!