How long to keep a regimen?

kaygirl

I'm wondering how long you keep a regimen before you move on to something else? I know some things you do to your hair you know right away isn't going to work, but don't some things take time?

I know I've bought sooooo many products in the last few months because someone on the board just loves it and I've just GOT to try it too and before I know it, I'm trying something else and then something else and just on and on! Then I never know what works and what's not really working. Or something may really work but I'm not giving it enough time to even know.

I'm driving myself crazy (not to mention broke) trying to get a regimen that I can keep for a long period of time. Help! :wallbash:

MummysGirl

Most things I tried worked (or didn't work) within a week or two... I'd say you should give it a couple of weeks and then just tweak it a little. The problem might be technique, or one or 2 products - shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser. So I won't suggest throwing everything out and starting again each time.

Can you share you regimen with us?

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

i usually stick to a regimen for 3 months unless my hair has an adverse reaction immediately. it's important to give things time to work.

Robiem

Great thread. I've been wondering this myself. I also have a tonn of products which I'm not sure whether they are simply not working for me or if it's just me not giving them enough time.

SEMO

If something new I'm using is just working "ok" (and doesn't seem to be harming my hair), I'll give it til the bottle/jar is empty. And if I still just feel "ok" about it then I won't repurchase.

If it's harming my hair I'll stop immediately. There are too many other good products out there to use to be playing around with bad ones. Luckily, this happens rarely.

It's easy for me to see what is and isn't working for my hair because I usually only try one new product at a time. So I can tell right away if it's improving/worsening or keeping my hair status the same.

kaygirl

Most things I tried worked (or didn't work) within a week or two... I'd say you should give it a couple of weeks and then just tweak it a little. The problem might be technique, or one or 2 products - shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser. So I won't suggest throwing everything out and starting again each time.

Can you share you regimen with us?

That's the problem, I don't really have a regimen because I've been all over the place trying things that other people on the boards just love. I've done it all, believe me. And the amount of products I've bought since May is just ridiculous! I just need to settle my behind down and pick 2 or 3 products and stick with them - unless it has some adverse effect on my hair.