How Long Were You Able To Stretch Your Relaxers With Braids or Sew-Ins?

With Braids, Sew In, or Other Protective style...how long did you stretch?

• 4-6 weeks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6-12 weeks

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • 12-28 weeks

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • 28-36 weeks

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 36-or longer baby

Votes: 24 25.8%

• Total voters

dreysonsmommy2011

I have havent had a relaxer since April this year. I'm currently wearing my hair in braids and don't plan on relaxing til New Years 2010. So far so good:grin:

Aggie

I just took some extension braids down on Monday and I will be 25 weeks post tomorrow and have no intention of relaxing now (27 more weeks to go, minimum). I really want to ultimately stretch for 20 months - not sure yet though. I am only allowing my hair to be free for protein and moisturizing deep conditioning, then it's braids again. In the mean time it's cornrows with wigs - no relaxing yet.

Jade Feria

Let's just say my last relaxer was in September of 2008. I've been keeping my hair in cornrows and wearing wigs.

StarFish106

My last texlaxer was the first Friday in January and i have had my hair in braids since May. The earliest they will be taken out is late September maybe. I do replace them all during that time (just took out my whole 1/2 of the front to wash, dc and put back).

So I am sailing along..

Nice Lady

The longest that I stretched with braids was 8 months at a time--just get them done every 2 months. Then, with sew-ins, the longest stretch was 9 months but I did installments 6-8 weeks and weekly washed and deep conditioned my hair(I also sometimes used Groganics Stimulating Bottle) which helped because my hair was thick and I had to do a major trim.

melodies815

I think my last relaxer was Feb 11, 2009. I was at 26 weeks of a stretch and used twists to accomplish it. My hair looked great even with all the breakage I had out of braids. I BC March of 2009.

prophetesshope

I stretched for a year and a half with braids( doing my own braids) just taking them out every two months and letting my hair rest for two weeks(sometimes one week) with DCs and doing the baggy method overnight. Then I braid my hair again.