How many bantu knots do you make?

metalkitty

Hi ladies! I was wondering how many bantu knots should be made on shoulder length hair if a kinda loose set is wanted? I was thinking 6 but it's been so long since I've last attempted. This is going to be done on towel dried hair btw.... Any input would be great!

P

Paradox

I did about 20 on my hair, it is APL overall. Although my hair is transitioning for 2 years... it is still helpful to know what others did.

Tee

I really wish someone would do a video on this. Or a picture tutorial. I want to give bantu knots a try.

P

Paradox

I really wish someone would do a video on this. Or a picture tutorial. I want to give bantu knots a try.
They have some good tutorials on youtube, that is what inspired me to do it.

P

Paradox

Hi ladies! I was wondering how many bantu knots should be made on shoulder length hair if a kinda loose set is wanted? I was thinking 6 but it's been so long since I've last attempted. This is going to be done on towel dried hair btw.... Any input would be great!
Also make sure that they are completely dry before taking them out. I did mine on wet hair, I think that helps them set.

msa

I'm natural so this may be of no help but...I do about 15 because if I don't then the roots won't be curly, just the ends. I just take a section, two-strand twist, and then twist it around to make a knot on itself. It's funny though because I'll know my hair is really long when I can do fewer knots and still have a good set.

Tee

They have some good tutorials on youtube, that is what inspired me to do it.
Funny you said that. As soon as I hit 'submit' on that post, I was off to youtube. I found a good one. Thanks.

metalkitty

Thanks ladies, maybe I should rephrase the post to ask how many bantu knots people make in general and what length/ texture they are....

thaithaismom

My hair is layered armpit to shoulder length. Depending on the style I want it varies. If I'm going to do a textured bun/pin up. I do four. If I'm going to wear it down I do between 8-10. The more you do, the longer the set will stay in the hair. I don't do mine on wet hair. I just do it at night with dry hair and then spritz with watered down leave in conditioner. This gives a medium set, but it has been known to fall mid-day if I go out and it's humid out. If I want it shiny, I put some oil on my hands while unraveling. I don't do it on wet hahir because it takes my hair too long to dry. I do all of my bantu knots over night and they are still wet if my hair was washed the night before.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I have apl fine/thinner hair. I made 8 knots and twisted them first before putting them in a knot. It'll make your waves deeper. Also, don't forget to put your products in wet. I used a bit of leave in and oils (coconut and a little bit of castor).

Akemi

I usually make about 6 or 7. It makes my hair have medium sized waves/curls and my hair is a in between SL and APL. I finger part the front of my hair before I begin twisting if i want it in a certain style then I continue from there.

MA2010

Hey ladies! I love bantu knots. My hair is NL/SL relaxed. I do about 8-10 bantu knots for looser curls. I usually do them on dry hair.

discodumpling

This Bantu set was done with about 16 knots. I sectioned my hair in 4 and made 4 knots in each section. My hair is type fine and thin otherwise I think I could get away with less knots. HTH

RZILYNT

I use only One for body...just tie a knot in the back to make one like a bun. 2 for deep waves, 4 for a very curly look. I love bantu knots. No more rollers to get curls. Just be careful, I have experienced breakage in the past for being careless while handling my hair.

RZ~

metalkitty

Hey guys, the other day I made six on pretty damp hair and it came out very curly.... If it was dry it probably wouldn't have been as tightly curled. I'll try 3 or 4 next time.

Miss*Tress

I use only One for body...just tie a knot in the back to make one like a bun. 2 for deep waves, 4 for a very curly look. I love bantu knots. No more rollers to get curls. Just be careful, I have experienced breakage in the past for being careless while handling my hair.

RZ~
My hair is so random; I've done as few as 3-4 on dry hair and gotten a head full of curls when I was going for the wavy look.