How many long haired ladies have transitioned without the BC??

Sweet_Ambrosia

Another long haired transitioner checking in :wave:
I've been transitioning for 5 months, so far so good. I dont plan to do the BC instead I'll just gradually trim whenever I feel the need to. I love the texture of my NG can't wait to be 100% natural :grin:. Wearing protective styles 85-90% of the time makes it easier for me to deal with the textures, also moisturizing often and CO Washing helps too.

IA with Meia about styling your own hair, nobody knows your hair better than you, and also moisturizing often thats crucial whether you decided to transition or not. Whatever you decided good luck BlkBarbie! :)

blackbarbie

meia said:
Nooo way im not done transitioning! :perplexed ive got another year or two at least before im done transitioning maybe even three..im making my transition so long that way im already half way to my goal so far as my new growth length before i can let go of the extra inches..i have almost 20 inches of relaxed hair..i'd hang myself if i cut any of it!:( damn shame too!

i think the transitioning process is lengthier only if you want to have more hair on your head thats natural. if its not really an issue, you could do a cut without a long transition- it all depends upon your personal preference for the length of your natural hair...

it is getting easier to transition now that im used to the two textures. i dont have tooo much breakage now.. at the demarcation line..but its bad enough...im attempting to start using mtg so i can speed up my transition and make it only a year or two long versus 3. if i do a year or two long transition and continue to protective style, mtg regularly, i'll be able to grow my hair to mid back natural with no problem at all...

basically- only make your transition long if you know you want to have longer natural hair to start instead of shorter natural hair to start..i also think that becoming more self-reliant on doing your hair personally is better, cheaper, and easier than getting it done..

my things to live by?:
-start styling youre own hair
-start doing frequent "ends" trims (only to the ends that have splits, if any)
-start getting regular trims (if you want your transition to be longer)- 1 inch every 2-3 months
-start protective styling to protect ends and relaxed hair as it can tend to be a shock
-start using one hair care system that really works for you no matter WHAT the cost- its worth it if youre really into keeping that hair healthy and looking the way you want
-its easier to throw some rich moisturizer in, throw it up in a bun while its damp and leave it to go outside during the winter than trying to look cute
-stay away from alcohol (dries hair out), mineral oil (machine grade processed crude oil), parabens, and sodium lauryl/lauryl sulfates
-use a pick combination comb (by goody)- use the pick to gently get through the new growth and use the comb to keep the relaxed hair under control

there are more! if anyone is interested just ask and i'll post the rest of them!!:grin:
meia

All really good pointers to keep in mind (I have my notebook out):) ....come on with the rest of them as I am taking it all in!

tallnomad

Hi--I am transitioning out of a silkener or texturizer.

My hair was still pretty much natural with it, but it was a lot looser than my normal curls/naps! :)

I've been wearing my hair wet, but plan on getting a rollerset and light press tomorrow.

I'm also using UBH products and have found that the moisturizer really helps to soften my new growth and the demarcation line between it and the looser hair.

I plan on gradually cutting off the ends and getting my roots lightly pressed until it's all gone.