How many of you trim regularly like your supposed to?

mysweetevie said:
I guess it's regular. Each time i get a relaxer my dresser trims about 1/4 of an inch to keep the curls neat.

Me too. I cant skip or it seems to show...my hair does not fall right. but I know the difference between trim and cut...some stylist go off on your hair. that is why I do it myself.

Last edited:
And me! I don't know how y'all stretch your trims for months and years, after 3 months my ends look horrible and just have to get them trimmed, besides my hair seems to go on a massive growth spurt after I get them trimmed. :)

I trim every 8 weeks, I have to! Otherwise I'll have dry, split ends. That's the only way for my hair to grow.

Eh, I hardly ever trim. You have to force me into the chair and tie me down cause if I see you comin at my head with scissors, im liable to punch u in the face...

I think I'll get mine trimmed every other relaxer (10-12 weeks). I plan to use the baggie method more now that I had a good trim last week. I'll be watching my ends very closely now until early Dec.

I haven't touched a pair of scissors since April when I chopped off my relaxed ends. I may trim my hair some time in October. :cool:

It's been a whole year since I've trimmed my ends...I will be trimming it when I get my hair done and who knows when that will be:look: . I make sure that my ends are always moisturized (almost obsessively:look: ), I praying that when I get my texturizer I won't have to cut off too much because of my little no trim experiment.

I don't trim on a regular basis, I don't have any problems either, plus I don't see the point.

Last edited:
When I was relaxed I trimmed about 3-4x a year. I just like the way my hair looks after a fresh trim. So far this year I have had one trim and two cuts (3 inches in June and my BC in July). I have not trimmed my hair since my BC. My ends look and feel fine but I don't like the shape of my hair (the sides are extremely long moreso than the rest of my hair) so I think I am going to have my hair trimmed and evened up sometime this month.

macherieamour said:
Eh, I hardly ever trim. You have to force me into the chair and tie me down cause if I see you comin at my head with scissors, im liable to punch u in the face...

:lachen: You made me laugh!

LilChocolateMa said:
I am really bad at getting my hair trimmed, and I know I am supposed to get it done every 8 weeks or something like that. So, how many of you trim regularly and do you think that trimming regularly is as effective as they say?

I am very guilty of not trimming. I just feel like it's not necessary cuz I dont use heat, I rarely, if ever wear my hair out and I keep it moisturized. Also I dont any see split or dry ends. I do plan on trimming in December just to achieve some evenness, but it wont be much....and this is after like 2 years or so.

Back