How many of you wash/co-wash in the shower? I hate it!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I used to wash my my hair in the shower back in the day, but I stopped doing it because all of the shed hairs would either get stuck on my back or slide down to that little nook and cranny right below my tailbone:grin: So anywhoo, I started just washing my hair in the sink or bending over the tub and washing it. Well, I wanted to do a sugar scrub/exfoliation treatment in the shower last night, and decided that I'd revisit the whole "washing my hair in the shower" thing again. Low and behold, all those little shed hairs had done slithered down to that little tight space and it was a mess. I hate trying to get all those hairs from back there. So needless to say, I won't be doing this ever again. It's just not for me. I don't mind bending over the tub or standing over the sink. For those of you who wash your hair in the shower, how do you get around/over this?

gymfreak336

I always wash in the shower. I usually just lean back into the water instead of standing right underneath the showerhead. If I don't wash in the shower, I have to comb my hair back down to rollerset and that gives me more breakage especially when I have alot of newgrowth.

Energee

I only wash in the shower and I have one of those showers where we have the stationary rainfall type heads and also two detachable heads. I just use the one of the detachable heads and lean my head back to wash my hair. I don't shed a lot of hair really so I don't have any problem.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I tried leaning under the water instead of just standing up under it, and it still doesn't work for me. I guess I'll stick to my regular routine. Thanks for the response though.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I only wash in the shower and I have one of those showers where we have the stationary rainfall type heads and also two detachable heads. I just use the one of the detachable heads and lean my head back to wash my hair. I don't shed a lot of hair really so I don't have any problem.

Wow, I wish I had something like that. I wonder if you can purchase these from a store. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Linens & Things, or maybe Lowes?

glamazon386

Same here...

Soliel185

I can't wash my hair in the sink or bending over the tub anymore b/c my hair gets tangled around the faucet or stuck in the drain. Also I don't like having all my hair pushed forward like that -- leads to tangles. I just barely touch my hair until it's time to detangle under the water and then I lean a far back as I can.

although I know what you mean about the nook and cranny -- it happens to the best of us. :sad:

IntoMyhair

I co wash in the shower also . We have a detachable head or on days i deep con i lean my head back over the tub. We have one of those claw foot tubs thats deep so my hair just hangs down.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I can't wash my hair in the sink or bending over the tub anymore b/c my hair gets tangled around the faucet or stuck in the drain. Also I don't like having all my hair pushed forward like that -- leads to tangles. I just barely touch my hair until it's time to detangle under the water and then I lean a far back as I can.

although I know what you mean about the nook and cranny -- it happens to the best of us. :sad:

How do you get around this? I may see about purchasing a handheld shower head and see if that will help. As far as shedding, I didn't shed too much, it's just that what little hairs that did shed down there got stuck and I hate it when that happens. In a way, it feels kinda gross.

Aussie

When i use to relax i would rinse it out in the tub. Now that I just wash my hair I do it in the shower. I dont mind it at all because i wash my body right after i wash my hair. so all the nock and cranies get washed out and cleaned out. Never had a problem with hairs being stuck anywhere lol. I guess u gotta spread them cheeks and open wide!!:lachen:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
When i use to relax i would rinse it out in the tub. Now that I just wash my hair I do it in the shower. I dont mind it at all because i wash my body right after i wash my hair. so all the nock and cranies get washed out and cleaned out. Never had a problem with hairs being stuck anywhere lol. I guess u gotta spread them cheeks and open wide!!:lachen:
OMG!! I just spit out my tea when I read that. I have tea everywhere. That was too funny.

IrisDaVirus

WHAT??? :lachen::lachen:

Energee

Wow, I wish I had something like that. I wonder if you can purchase these from a store. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Linens & Things, or maybe Lowes?

Ours was already installed in our home when we purchased it. I absolutely love it. I'm sure that you can buy these from any of the home center type stores though. It's called a three head shower system.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Ours was already installed in our home when we purchased it. I absolutely love it. I'm sure that you can buy these from any of the home center type stores though. It's called a three head shower system.

Thanks. I'll check by Lowes later on this week to see if they have one.

HoneyDew

same here. I hate washing my hair in the sink for this very reason.

I have yet to figure out how to maneuver my body and head so that I can do it in the tub. Even with my Pilates conditioning I can't see how that one would work.

curlilocs

Since I wet my hair daily I'm always co-washing/ washing my hair in the shower. I do hate shedding hairs, but I just deal with it...it's not that serious to me.

curlie rae

Everyday I use conditioner to comb my hair under running water. It is the only way I can get most of the tangles out. I usually get more shedding when I’m washing my hair in the shower due to increase manipulation. Co-sign on the nook and cranny comment – it’s the hazard of washing in the shower - but leaning back helps out a lot. I used the zip it recommended in another post and I could have made a hair piece with the amount of hair I pulled up!! That thing works wonders.

AllAboutMoi

I am with you on this one. I hate my shedded hair being stuck in places. I hope this isn't TMI but I even worry about shampoo going in the wrong places throwing of my ph and causes issues :look:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I usually turn my back towards the water and tilt my head back a little under the shower. I don't get any hairs stuck on me. The plastic drain cover catches the hairs that fall.

I guess I don't have as much junk in the trunk as I thought.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I am with you on this one. I hate my shedded hair being stuck in places. I hope this isn't TMI but I even worry about shampoo going in the wrong places throwing of my ph and causes issues :look:

:lachen::lachen:Funny. I like the way the pressure of the water from the shower helps to soften the tangles, but pullin all those hairs from my butt crack just isn't for me.

Soliel185

Sometimes you just have to get "investigative'' before you hop out the shower. I always do a last rinse "frisk 'em" style. :lachen:

MissMarie

***sigh***
I wash with my hair behind me but when I detangle I face the shower head and let my hair fall around my face.
This makes it so much easier for me to detangle without ripping out my hair/making my scalp hurt, plus I almost totally eliminated the nasty hair in the buttcrack incidences. I still get a few occasionally, but I usually don't shed until I comb my hair, and one creepy long hair back there is still preferable to pulling at a big nasty ball.

divinefavor

same here. I hate washing my hair in the sink for this very reason.

I have yet to figure out how to maneuver my body and head so that I can do it in the tub. Even with my Pilates conditioning I can't see how that one would work.

I figured out how to wash my hair in the tub with less tangles. I hope this makes sense.

I wash my hair in wo parts (my hair is parted straightdown the middle).

I lean over in the tub, let right side of my hair hang underwater mean while tilting my head so that the hair on the left is hanging to the side instead of on top my head (sometime I braid the other side in one braid). The I repeat the processe for the left side. It's a little tough to maneuver my left side as good as I do the right but it works, especially when I don't feel like jumping in and out of the shower.

Blackoutzangel05

I wash in the shower with my short hair and especially with my longer hair because of the tangling that I get bending over a sink. I don't get to finger detangle under a faucet like I do a shower head

HairBearerCare

I have no choice but to wash my hair in the shower other wise my hair would clog up the drain in the sink and I would have a sink full of dirty water and hair... leaning over the tub won't work for me because my tub faucet is set close to the tub so that doesn't leave much room to maneuver...but I do have on of those removable shower heads with adjustable speeds so that makes things a whole lot easier. I don't lean back or anything in the shower, I just take the shower head and maneuver it over and around my head to wash the product out, then when I am done with my hair I use it on the rest of my body. I don't have a problem with hair getting stuck in my nook and cranny :) I just take the showerhead and wash those secret spots when I am done with my hair and all is well :)

Oh and my shower had a standard head when I moved into my house, I had it switched out for the removable showerhead that I purchased from target.:drunk:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I have no choice but to wash my hair in the shower other wise my hair would clog up the drain in the sink and I would have a sink full of dirty water and hair... leaning over the tub won't work for me because my tub faucet is set close to the tub so that doesn't leave much room to maneuver...but I do have on of those removable shower heads with adjustable speeds so that makes things a whole lot easier. I don't lean back or anything in the shower, I just take the shower head and maneuver it over and around my head to wash the product out, then when I am done with my hair I use it on the rest of my body. I don't have a problem with hair getting stuck in my nook and cranny :) I just take the showerhead and wash those secret spots when I am done with my hair and all is well :)

Oh and my shower had a standard head when I moved into my house, I had it switched out for the removable showerhead that I purchased from target.:drunk:

Do you remember how much it (the shower head) was?

HairBearerCare

it's been a while ago but I think it was about $35 at the time. And they are always having sales... you know what they even have the extended shower heads for sinks at Sally's. ... they are way cheaper but personally i like the removable shower head better. Much, much better:look:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
it's been a while ago but I think it was about $35 at the time. And they are always having sales... you know what they even have the extended shower heads for sinks at Sally's. ... they are way cheaper but personally i like the removable shower head better. Much, much better:look:

I may have to check that out tomorrow. I don't have a Target near here, it's about 45 minutes away. So, if I don't like the one they sell at Sally's, I will probably go to Lowes and see if they have one. Or maybe even Walmart may have a good one.

freshlikemoi

In the shower because it eliminates tangles...If I do it upside down it will be so tangled which would lead me to have to comb more out of the shower. But my hair always ends up in my booty!!:perplexed