• Shower

Votes: 136 67.0%
  • Both

Votes: 42 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweet1977

Hello Everyone,
I have read how it's best to wash in the shower and have been washing my hair there, but am lazy and want to wash in the sink. What does washing in the shower really do for you?

ShaniKeys

I used to bend over the bathtub but now I wash in the shower, it's way better.

ps: sink as in kitchen sink?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Outside in the rain with all of the juices and berries that are near by on the tree! :grin:

Nah seriously in the shower

soulie

Shower keeps my hair going downward - so no tangles. Also, I've read the horror stories about ladies whose hair went down the drain in the sink!

Son26

Only in the shower.

When I was in my teens I would always wash my hair in the sink, and then wonder why my hair was always a tangled mess. . .

miami74

In the shower for me. It keeps my hair going in one direction so it's easier to detangle. The sink sounds like a tangled mess for my coarse hair :eek2:

DanaDane

Shower--haven't used the sink since I was a little girl (laying on the countertop on my back while my mom washed my hair).

MrJohnsonsRib

I use the sink when I don't want to go upstairs and just wanna do a quick wash.....I love love love the shower cause I can do everything in there...shave, scrub,relax and I don't have to worry about water getting over me so I can concentrate on complete cleansing and not wetting my shirt.

supermodelsonya

Outside in the rain with all of the juices and berries that are near by on the tree! :grin:

Nah seriously in the shower

LOL!! The shower is better....I love to feel the warm water through my hair.....so refreshing.........Be right back....bout to take a shower.

(sonya grabs shampoo bottle)

MrJohnsonsRib

Shower--haven't used the sink since I was a little girl (laying on the countertop on my back while my mom washed my hair).

I used to do that too when my aunt washed...she would even hold your head while she did all the work, talk about relaxing. I'd pay a stylist to shampoo and massage my scalp!! Matter of fact I might need to see if I can get somebody today...lol!!:grin:

Sweet1977

Thanks for the responses everyone. I just washed my hair this evening and guess what, it was in the....................................SHOWER :grin:

Aggie

I voted in the shower because I like my hair to stay down for detangling purposes. I found that when I washed my hair in the sink, my hair tangled a whole lot more and detangling was a mess. I don't mind jumping in and out of the shower on wash days because I make time for it.

deusa80

I always wash my hair in the kitchen sink...I never gave it much thought. I have washed it in the shower before, but I never liked how the dirty water from my hair would end up on me...I know that may sound a little weird! My hair is usually kinda tangled after I wash it... I'm gonna try it in the shower again and see if it makes a difference.

Lady S

Regular washing I do in the shower. If I'm washing out relaxer or hairdye, I do it in the sink. My hair is short, so I don't have to worry about my hair getting stuck in the drain.

Avaya

Another shower washer here. I used to use the kitchen sink when I was younger and when my hair was shorter.

I just don't like having my shed hair getting stuck up my butt crack and else where...

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am a sink girl cause I hate all that jumping in and out. I do cowash in the shower...
I think I have a plan, check it.
Get in shower wash hair with poo and rinse.
Add 2 min and then do all my shaving and then rinse hair.
Get out add DC and sit under heating cap for 30 mins.
Jump back in rinse out DC and fully shower.

**Thats a plan imma try it tomorrow.

luxe.li.

Well I prefer baths, so I wash in the bathroom sink, but I can tell that I'll have to re-locate to the kitchen soon as my hair gets longer....I'll probably wash in the shower when the Summertime comes.....p.s. sink is easier for me because I tend to wet my hair more than once in a day on certain days.

msa

I wash in the shower. I use the force of the water to detangle. And, it's easier to make sure I've rinsed everything out.

I usually DC while I'm working out and then shower after. That way I don't have to get in and out.