How many of you wash/co-wash in the shower? I hate it!!

tschizum

I use the shower b/c I would make a mess in the sink and have water everywhere, also I have less detangling in the shower. the stream of water flowing down helps to detangle.

blazingthru

I co-wash in the shower, I also don't get much shedding but you know that has never happen to me but then I always wash up after I deal with the hair business. Oh and the shampoo gives me a rash downthere so I have to be careful about rinsing well. I also don't shampoo often

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
As much as I would love to be able to wash/co-wash my hair in the shower, I think I will stick to my current routine. I've never had a problem before and I always seem to get my hair in better condition this way. Now granted, I have to end up flipping all of my hair back down just to detangle, but I found that my Eqyss Premiere Cream Rinse is wonderful for this. So, detangling really isn't that bad for me. Plus, I find that it takes much longer to rinse my hair in the shower (the stream of water is less as opposed to leaning directly under the faucet). So, after careful review, I think I will just continue to do what I have been doing for the last several years. But I thank you all for your opinions and experiences!!! I guess I don't have to spend money on a new shower head after all.

Mahalialee4

Put on a plastic hair styling cape that covers your back well to get through the washing, rinsing, conditioning and save your back side! That is what I do. Then I do an AVC rinse and clear rinse, whip off the cape and do my shower. Hope this helps. bonjour

motherx2esq

When i use to relax i would rinse it out in the tub. Now that I just wash my hair I do it in the shower. I dont mind it at all because i wash my body right after i wash my hair. so all the nock and cranies get washed out and cleaned out. Never had a problem with hairs being stuck anywhere lol. I guess u gotta spread them cheeks and open wide!!:lachen:

That is too funny but so true! I too wash in the show and get the nook and cranies problem. Just wash your body after your hair and get in those nooks and clean them out! But you are not alone. We have to curb that shedding!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used to wash my my hair in the shower back in the day, but I stopped doing it because all of the shed hairs would either get stuck on my back or slide down to that little nook and cranny right below my tailbone:grin: So anywhoo, I started just washing my hair in the sink or bending over the tub and washing it. Well, I wanted to do a sugar scrub/exfoliation treatment in the shower last night, and decided that I'd revisit the whole "washing my hair in the shower" thing again. Low and behold, all those little shed hairs had done slithered down to that little tight space and it was a mess. I hate trying to get all those hairs from back there. So needless to say, I won't be doing this ever again. It's just not for me. I don't mind bending over the tub or standing over the sink. For those of you who wash your hair in the shower, how do you get around/over this?
Your post had me dying laughing but I know what you mean. I usually find the little ball of hair that collects down there later on and I'm like "WTH, I didn't know that was there:blush::lachen:. Normally I'm a sink washer but for the summer I've been doing it in the shower.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Your post had me dying laughing but I know what you mean. I usually find the little ball of hair that collects down there later on and I'm like "WTH, I didn't know that was there:blush::lachen:. Normally I'm a sink washer but for the summer I've been doing it in the shower.

Pokahontas, you are retarded girl!:lachen::lachen: This was a while back, but after I had gotten out of the shower after washing my hair, I didn't think to check and see if there was any hair "back down there", so I dried off as usual, did my little hair thing and went on to bed. I woke up the next morning and my butt crack was itching. I scratched back there and went on about my business. A few minutes later, I felt like something was tickling me back there and was like WTH? So, I went probing and found my culprit. A few hairs had gotten trapped back there, I mean, waaaayyyyy down there and I didn't think to check when I had gotten out the shower. Needless to say, it was a little gross, but that was the reason I stopped washing my hair in the shower.

Lindy

I prefer to wash my hair in the kitchen sink. I just seem to be able to do a more thorough cleansing of my scalp that way. I do sometimes hop into the shower to wash out the conditioner though...

I have one of the handheld shower sprayers and let me tell you, it is welll worth every penny. Great for easily removing all those stray hairs and nice for some other thangs as well!!! :sekret: :lol:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I prefer this way, but I always find shed hairs long after I've gotten out. My butt isn't that big...:perplexed

TLC1020

I now wash in the shower and I love it, the down fall is I have to keep getting in and out b/c I deep condition under the dryer.. When I do my touch-ups I relax, wash it out in the sink then get in the shower after I rinse 98% percent of relaxer out.. Once my hair started to really grow my hair begin to get tangled in the sink..:blush:

netnet26

I can't wash my hair in the sink or bending over the tub anymore b/c my hair gets tangled around the faucet or stuck in the drain. Also I don't like having all my hair pushed forward like that -- leads to tangles. I just barely touch my hair until it's time to detangle under the water and then I lean a far back as I can.

although I know what you mean about the nook and cranny -- it happens to the best of us. :sad:
Oh my goodness i just hate that :wallbash:.....its only a recipe for more tangles and BREAKAGE!! :yep:

KiniKakes

Yeah i can totally relate. :lachen:A couple of days after i've washed my hair in the shower, it seems like i am still taking long strands of hair from between my butt cheeks. :lachen:Sorry, i know that sounds gross! Its like, they're so hidden/deeply imbedded in there that i cant locate them right after the shower. Its not until the next day or two following that i can get them out.

I still feel that washing my hair standing in the shower is best for me though. Definitely minimizes breakage and makes the detangling process that much easier. I just kinda deal with the hairs in my booty, because i dont know any way to avoid it. The funny thing is, it doesnt bother me too much. It makes me chuckle more than anything.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Pokahontas, you are retarded girl!:lachen::lachen: This was a while back, but after I had gotten out of the shower after washing my hair, I didn't think to check and see if there was any hair "back down there", so I dried off as usual, did my little hair thing and went on to bed. I woke up the next morning and my butt crack was itching. I scratched back there and went on about my business. A few minutes later, I felt like something was tickling me back there and was like WTH? So, I went probing and found my culprit. A few hairs had gotten trapped back there, I mean, waaaayyyyy down there and I didn't think to check when I had gotten out the shower. Needless to say, it was a little gross, but that was the reason I stopped washing my hair in the shower.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:Yeah I found a few hair balls after I went to the bathroom and I just refused to believe they came out of my hindparts.......but deep down I knew they did:look:.