How much Biotin is everyone taking again?

Tara

I totally forgot the dosage that most people are taking now. I was taking 4800 mcg. of Twinlab, but now I got the Puritan's Pride which makes things way easier.

I think most people were taking 5000 mcg's am I correct. Is anyone taking a higher dosage? I was reading that you would need to increase your B-vitamin intake IF you are taking antibiotics (as I am for my face) so I was considering upping this dosage.

Any ideas or suggestions? I know that I don't have to worry about toxicity because B's are water soluable so whatever my body doesn't use, it disposes of.

So I'm curious what dosage has worked for you, also if you had any health issues (I don't need to know the issue) how much did you take then?

Thanks in advance you guys! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Madison

right now i am taking 8 mg. my hair growth really increased at 7 but now i am taking vitol great hair which has 3mg and country life 5mg

adrienne0914

i'm taking 5mg (5000mcg) right now. i don't have any health issues. how much are you gonna increase by?

adrienne

Ennyaa

I'm taking 5000mcg of the Puritans Pride a day. So far so good. But haven't been taking it long enough to notice results yet. Only about 1 week.

keylargo

i take 5000mcg of biotin. i was taking about 900mcg but i could not see any significant benefits so i increased my dosage. it's been only three days and i have already noticed an increase in fingernail growth and strength. i'm hoping that my hair will show increased growth as well. i'm wearing braids right now so it will be a while before i find out for sure if the increased dosage is working for my hair /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kitkat

I take County Life 5mg biotin. I also take GNC Ultra Nourish Hair, which has 1200 mcg biotin.

skegeesmb

I take 12 mg. of biotin (2 Country life and the dosage from Ultra Nourishair). I take the pill so I'm deficient in B vits. I haven't had any ill effects, and I've been taking this amount for about 8 months now. I get about or just under an inch of growth a month. By the way, I'm mad that CountryLife is going up in price. Before I could get it for 8.99, now it's like 11 dollars /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Madison

vitaglo.com has country life for 9.74 and they offer free shipping and handling if you purchase over $20

skegeesmb

Thanks a lot. I sound funny in my post. What I meant to say was that I am deficient in B vits, so I take a lot of Biotin and B vitamins.

By the way, I'll check that site out.

LondonDiva

I take 5mg. I've been bad and stoped recently. I'm gonna get back on it today I think. I'll need all the help I can get with the winter being here already, plus I'm growing my nails again too.

Tara

Thanks you guys! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm revamping my regime, so I wanted to make sure that I'm on target.

Madison

Hi Tea

how is that brand of biotin i recently ordered some because it was cheaper than country life and had more capsules

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I take 800mg a day

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean 800 mcg?