How much has your hair changed since your first post at LHCF?

Before coming to LHCF, my hair was relaxed and I guess due to the fact that my hair is naturally very fine and soft, each time I got a touch up, my hair was always very thin, limp and lifeless. It was also breaking and shedding a lot.

My boyfriend was convinced that if I stopped relaxing, my hair would grow faster and would also be stronger. I took him up on it and had my last relaxer in February 2004 and I had a sew-in weave all summer long last year. After I took the weave out, my relaxed hair was badly knotted and I was very frustrated as I tried to untangle it. I handed him a pair of scissors and just like that, I went natural with about 1" of hair (stretched).

At the end of this month, it would be six months since I cut off the relaxed ends, and he was right - my hair is much stronger, healthier and almost as long as my relaxed hair was before I cut it. And thanks to Nexxus Biotin Creme and no relaxing, my edges are growing back.

I have found a wealth of information on this forum and for the most part, I read the posts and I take what I might find useful and apply it to my hair. I don't really post that much but I'm always reading and seeing what's going on in the world of haircare.

I'm glad I found this forum. Thanks Ladies.

Monister

Last edited:
Well,
I went from heat to no heat; more frequent washing, protective styling and have added about 7 more inches of healthy hair!

I also blame my hair obsession, product junkieness and less-wealthy-as-a-result self on this site!!

Back