How Much, is Too Much?

charmtreese

Gosh are those blades made from diamonds???!??!? $300+ that's crazy a little excessive too unless your making money off them. but just for self trims? Whoa (no offense) but whoa.

Actually my part-time job is at a hair salon. My clients pay 40+ for hair trims, so I would be doing myself and my clients a disservice if I pulled out some $20 scissors. :nono:

Please believe me when I tell you that there is a big difference in cheap shears and professional shears. You don't have to pay 300 (and really that's a moderate price), but you should make sure they are of professional grade before you purchase. Tis all!

greenandchic

Actually my part-time job is at a hair salon. My clients pay 40+ for hair trims, so I would be doing myself and my clients a disservice if I pulled out some $20 scissors. :nono:

Please believe me when I tell you that there is a big difference in cheap shears and professional shears. You don't have to pay 300 (and really that's a moderate price), but you should make sure they are of professional grade before you purchase. Tis all!

Do you have any websites you recommend? Brands (that are more moderately priced)?

DrC

DrC

They give me a nice, crisp, even cut every time! Different strokes, different folks. :yep:

.....CRISP!?! Bu---- :lachen: Oh *** it. Never mind. :drunk: Whatever works for you. :yep: :up:

Anyway, this would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range, because of the custom design. If I could ever afford them I would snatch them right up:

Kenchii Shears
Price: $4,056

They'd look delicious on my fingers :lick:

curlyninjagirl

My scissors were 18 dollars from Sally's (Jilbere) and I cringe at the way these things cuts through my hair. I can actually hear/feel?? how inefficiently they cut through my hair. If a 300 dollar pair of scissors would cut through my hair like butter I would gladly shell out for a pair! I only trim twice a year so they would last me forever.

I was under the impression that the main reasons scissors in this price range are priced as such is because they have customized handles for professional use and are made to last something like 400 haircuts. Neither of those features would benefit me, a non-professional who wouldn't even clear even 100 haircuts in her lifetime.

QBOE2001

I buy 10 buck shears from sallys and promptly lose them after each trim....I've no idea where they disappear to but i can never find them when its time to trim again. since I usually trim only 1 or 2 times a year its no big deal to replace them at that price point.

naturalTAN

.....CRISP!?! Bu---- :lachen: Oh *** it. Never mind. :drunk: Whatever works for you. :yep: :up:
DrC

Maybe crisp wasn't the right word, but I meant a clean cut with no snags or pulling. And it does work for me. My ends have never looked better. I trim roughly every four months with my cheapies and *gasp* my hair is still on my head and inching towards MBL.

I feel bad for y'all with that UE hair that HAS to be cut with Jesus-sharpened shears. :lachen: I could never justify spending more then $20 on hair shears.

btw, your fro is looking badass! I can't wait to see what it looks like at your next update.

DrC

@DrC

Maybe crisp wasn't the right word, but I meant a clean cut with no snags or pulling. And it does work for me. My ends have never looked better. I trim roughly every four months with my cheapies and *gasp* my hair is still on my head and inching towards MBL.

I feel bad for y'all with that UE hair that HAS to be cut with Jesus-sharpened shears. :lachen: I could never justify spending more then $20 on hair shears.

btw, your fro is looking badass! I can't wait to see what it looks like at your next update.

Well thank you :grin: Its compliments of my Jesus sharpened shears... :lachen:

...then again...I guess its been imprinted as a requirement for me to have the qood quality type.
I don't know why you feel bad lol, but I want my clients and their ends to be clipped with top of the line shears.
I would have been fired from my old salon I used to work at if I walked in using $15 shears on clients :perplexed

Last edited:

naturalTAN

Well thank you :grin: Its compliments of my Jesus sharpened shears... :lachen:

...then again...I guess its been imprinted as a requirement for me to have the qood quality type.
I don't know why you feel bad lol, but I want my clients and their ends to be clipped with top of the line shears.
I would have been fired from my old salon I used to work at if I walked in using $15 shears on clients :perplexed

well that gives me a little perspective as well. i didn't know you were a stylist.

HauteHippie

For me? 30 - 35 is too much. I rather contribute to the payment of someone else's expensive shears each time I sit in her chair then drop a few hundred on them myself. I like shoes too much for that! (I do math in shoe cost).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2