How much protein in TOTAL

soulchild

How much is your hair getting? I mean from your leave-ins, conditioners, and protein treatments. Please state how often you use them (in general) AND how strong or mild you feel it is. Even mention it if it's just a little in your leave-ins or conditioner.

I'm interested to know and this might help blacktresses out.
smile.gif

Okay as of now, I'm currently rotating HUmecto, Ion Moisturizing condit, and affirm 5 in1 for conditioning treatments.

The humecto is strictly moisturizing and does not coantain any protein.

The Ion moisturizing masque actually (ingerdient wise) resembles a reconstructor.. it contains keratin and collagen

The affirm is very mild, but it is termed a "reconstructor" and it contains a somewhat mild form of proetin: wheat

Since Razac does not provide ingredients, i'm not sure how much my leave in contains.. i'm pretty sure its very mild though

My second leave in is Infusium 23 and that has plenty protein. I use this after my Humecto wash.

My daily hairdressing: UBH creme lotion has no protein in it.

As you can see i'm not a very big fan of protein treatments, but i used to be. I stopped because i noticed softer, shinier hair with more moisture. I mainly use protein after my touchup, and the wash before for extra strand protection. i think i read somewhere that we should be more worried about our protein intake through foods for hair health as opposed to topical treatments. (Don't laugh, lol) I'm on Armyqt's proetin challenge, the lunar challenge, Tracy's conditioning routine, and the hydro challenge!

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
The affirm is very mild, but it is termed a "reconstructor" and it contains a somewhat mild form of proetin: wheat

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have never seen this ingredient in the 5n1. Maybe I overlooked it, but affirm 5n1 reconstructor does contain hydrolyzed collagen as the 4th or 5th ingredient.

mine says water, something else (lol), glycerin and wheat protein. IF my memeory serves me correctly. I'll check it for sure when I get home

I try to use a lot of protein because my hair seems do do better with it than without it. My plan is to do a strong protein treatment one week before and after a relaxer with something like nexxus emergency. Every week between a relaxer I plan to do a mild protein treatment with Joico K-Pack (contains hydrolyzed human hair protein), Aubrey GPB (contains milk protein), or Dudley Creme Protein(contains hydrolyzed animal protein) -followed by a moisturizing conditioner like Humecto or Kenra. The Bioloage Leave-In Tonic (which I use almost Daily on my ends and Newgrowth) has hydrolyzed vegetable protein in it. I know that sounds like too much, but I figure as long as I use a good moisturizing conditioner my hair won't get too hard or dry from protein overload. By the way I absolutely love the way K-Pack smells and the Aubrey smells great too in my opinion. I would highly recommend both.
smile.gif

So I see you've found how much protein your hair really needs. I have the GPB and it smells..different lol. Not bad though.

*wonders if any of this human hair protein comes from people with damaged hair?*
scratchchin.gif

Babygurl: I just looked at my 5 in 1 and the ingredients read

water, ceteyl alcohol, glcerin, urea, hydrolyzed wheat proetin... and so on

I dont see collagen on my bottle, only wheat protein
confused.gif

Well that I can't explain. Mine has hydrolyzed collagen. If you search there is a thread in which Pebbles posted the ingredients. Ill bump it up for you. Maybe they have a new formulation or something?

Back