How often do other races get their hair trimmed?

zzirvingj

I am curious as to how often other races of women get their hair trimmed at the salon. I am also curious as to whether or not they experience alot of the same issues we do-i.e., stylists cutting more of their hair off than is necessary.

I have a friend who is black and Korean and she has this gorgeous, long, thick, curly hair. I remember her telling me that she had gone over a year without letting anyone take scissors to her hair. I meant to ask her if she regularly goes a whole year without a trim.

Anyone have any insight as to other culture's experiences?

pistachio

I know you asked for races of other women, but my fiance is White and he gets his hair cut every three weeks(3/8 inches cut). To me I can tell it's grown out, but since women as used to wearing longer hair it seems like nothing(3/8")

Incredible1ne

I think it depends. I know an Asian woman and a white woman. Both rarely trimmed and if they did it was less than half an inch. They both had very long hair, almost touching their butts. I think if the hair is in a style you're more inclined to get it trimmed regularly to maintain it.

OneInAMillion

One of my friends (White) gets her ends clipped every 6-8 like clockwork...but I never notice because it must be a dusting. She's about MBL, between APL and BSL long curls. She'll get it cut maybe once a year, up to BSL.

zzirvingj

One of my friends (White) gets her ends clipped every 6-8 like clockwork...but I never notice because it must be a dusting. She's about MBL, between APL and BSL long curls. She'll get it cut maybe once a year, up to BSL.

When you say 6-8, is that weeks?

freshlikemoi

My best friend is indian, and I have some white friends..They NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trim their hair...it is amazing. I would say once every 13 to 14 months, or when they are getting a hair cut, but to go to a salon solely for a trim nope:nono: they never.