What do other races (white, asian, spanish ect) do to their hair to keep it healthy?

Artemis

Re: What do other races (white, asian, spanish ect) do to their hair to keep it healt

But I think that's why the question was originally raised. I mean "they" pretty much can do anything to their hair, and either it's long or still gets longer. And I don't necessarily mean WL but most of "them" can get SL or BSL length easy.

And look at all the things we are doing to even get from SL to BSL! I mean I am beginning to accept that our hair is completely different and may even grow slower. This is not to say that we can't ever have long hair, but let's be honest, we have to do a helluva lot more to acheive what they can achieve without little to no work.

It's a hard reality that I think some of us on this board may not realize. I mean some of us are popping like 5 or 6 vitamins a day!

They don't do that, so why do we?

But I am saying is that they can't do "anything" to their hair and get away with it. With all do respect, IMO that is giving "them" way too much credit, and "us" not enough. :nono:
I was saying that b/c she STOPPED doing all the foolishness and took care of her hair, it grew. At the time I wasn't taking care of mine like I should have been (yes, my hair was softer, but I was still flat ironing everyday...)

I think I understand the point that is trying to be made, but I am saying that if "we" are doing what "they" are doing (ie, leaving the hair alone) then there is no issue. I mean, what are "we" doing here that the posters on LHC aren't doing, for example? They pre-poo, they bun, they dust their ends, they seal with oil...And some of there members have slow growing rates, just like some of our members have fast growing rates. I guess what I'm saying is that the differences aren't racial; the race thing as it pertains to the aforementioned factors are just merely coincidental, IMO.

*Muffin*

Re: What do other races (white, asian, spanish ect) do to their hair to keep it healt

I think each region has their own beauty secrets. For instance, in Japanese and Chinese cultures a beauty secret of theirs is Camellia oil and Rice Bran oil. They use it on their hair and skin to make it more luminous and beautiful. It is very high compliment in Japan for a woman to be called a "Rice-bran beauty". In Mediterranean cultures they rely on natural oils a lot, too. They often times coat their hair in olive oil and let it sit on their heads for a couple of hours, then rinse it out. I generally think that the secret to beautiful hair in most cultures is to keep it moisturized, use natural oils,eat foods rich in nutrients, and treat your hair with great care.

P.S. I don't really think that White/Asian/Spanish (ect...) races can do whatever they want with their hair and it still grows. I know this curly haired Italian woman who told me her hair can't grow past her shoulders! Why? Because she was excessively coloring it and treating it badly. Anyone's hair will suffer if you don't take care of it as you should. Usually when I talk to people who have long hair (whether they are black or not) they tell me that they don't do much to it, as in they don't heat style it and don't damage it. And they usually don't wear their hair down often. It's usually up in a bun and only worn down on occasion.

Last edited:

fluffylocks

Oh okay. ;) You've been lurking for a long time!

To answer your question, I cannot say that Black hair is one of the driest. There are Black women who do not have moisture problems with their hair. Any hair type can be dry due to several different factors (climate, weather, products, hair care, etc).

(Your hair looks so nice in your siggy )

To your answer: okay :lachen:We have different opinions. Because i think that even though there are some black people who naturally dont have dry hair, and of course other races who do have dry hair ( i dont for a second thing other races cant or dont have dry hair), i think OVERALL black people have the driest hair or we are up their on the list (some of us), like if someone were to do a poll or something. I cant think of any other group/race who arent black that has hair drier than us overall. *shrugs* oh well :drunk:

CurleeDST

There are so many factors. Folks still can't believe how fast my hair has grown in 12 short months when I cut it all the way down to 1 inch this time last year. My mom has double kinky hair and her hair grows SOOOO FAST it is unreal! Folks ask her if it is hers all the time b/c it grows so fast and plentiful and thick.

It just depends.

Artemis

So to answer the question "What do other races do to their hair to keep it healthy?"

The same BASIC things that we do to keep ours healthy. Not all that extra stuff we feel we "need" to do b/c we may have damaged our hair beyond repair. The BASIC things: shampoo, condition, trims, protective styling, gentle grooming, etc. They do that from the jump, and they never have to do all this "extra" stuff if they are consistent.

Take Macherieamour for example...In one of her videos she explicitly stated that deep conditioning is necessary for ALL hair types, and to do so on a consistent basis. There are so many of us I am sure, who drool over her hair. Well, she has been deep conditioning on a weekly basis for over a decade and that is why her hair looks like that. She doesn't bleach her hair, she doesn't flat iron it every day, and she doesn't chase after the latest styles. She does the basics, and she does them consistently.

I mean, really what else is there to say?

gymfreak336

So to answer the question "What do other races do to their hair to keep it healthy?"

The same BASIC things that we do to keep ours healthy. Not all that extra stuff we feel we "need" to do b/c we may have damaged our hair beyond repair. The BASIC things: shampoo, condition, trims, protective styling, gentle grooming, etc. They do that from the jump, and they never have to do all this "extra" stuff if they are consistent.
Take Macherieamour for example...In one of her videos she explicitly stated that deep conditioning is necessary for ALL hair types, and to do so on a consistent basis. There are so many of us I am sure, who drool over her hair. Well, she has been deep conditioning on a weekly basis for over a decade and that is why her hair looks like that. She doesn't bleach her hair, she doesn't flat iron it every day, and she doesn't chase after the latest styles. She does the basics, and she does them consistently.

I mean, really what else is there to say?

I agree. If you want proof of that visit Makeupalley and go to the hair board. Regimes are pretty basic when their hair isn't too damaged, just like it is here. Some of the longest haired ladies here contribute their success to just being consistent with the basics. Wash, deep condition, moisturize, seal with oil. They (meaning other races ) do the same. Both black and white people have to do extra when we damage our hair. I see so much talk of correcting protein balance after a bad color job, fixing porosity issues from flat ironing too much, deep conditioning after not protecting the ends as much as they should etc....from white people on other boards, just like they do here. Shoot we even use many of the same products. Creme of Nature and Aphogee get pushed on Makeupally from white folk just as much as we do here.

Candy_C

and another thing

we are allowed to wash our hair often..meaning, letting water touch our heads

whites/hispansics etc, wash hair often, theyve always done this.

we need to break out of this cycle, and do what we feel is right, rather than what wives tales we've been taught.

lhcf is groundbreaking in the fact, the lies are being lifted.

we can adopt all other races hair regimes

after all, we was the first ones on the earth! lol (sorry getting all spiritual)

i cant stress enough how all the secrets and answers are inside our brain waiting to be unlocked