How Often Do You Trim?

How Often Do You Trim?

• More often than once a month

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Once a month

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Less often than once a month but more than once every 6 months (please specify)

Votes: 46 30.7%
  • Once every 6 months

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Less often than once every 6 months but more than once every year (please specify)

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Never

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters
It depends. When my hair is healthy, I've decided to trim every other month.

But since my hair has some damage, and I am not ready to bc yet, I've been trimming every 2-3 weeks. :yep:

Right now I am trimming about every 5 months.

This is working well for me. I get my hair gently salon styled about once a month (I found a salon very into hair care so I may increase this to 2x a month while I am at school) and otherwise protective style. In spite of my laziness (sometimes not wrapping my hair or moisturizing as much as I used to), my ends hold up extremely well.

When I went in for my trim in October and it was taken down from my bun (a mess, lol... it was an old wet bun), she swore me UP and down I had a TON of splits and it just NEEDED a trim. I knew once she washed she would be able to tell differently. The biggest different was once it was styled, because she trims dry. She commented on how nice my ends REALLY looked and then only trimmed half an inch because I'd told her I was growing my hair.

So it is working well for me.

Once a year! Whoops, I accidentally voted once a month. Anywho I dust my ends if they need it when my hair is in twists but I get a full professional trim from my stylist once a year. He says I need it every 6-8 weeks but I beg to differ hehe. I don't do much to damage my hair.

I don't trim enough. I am about to start a every 6 months trim up. I will trim next wash than again in 6 months. Again in 6 more months. So Jan, June and dec.

I was trimming everytime I thought I needed a trim which would end up being once a week to once every two weeks:perplexed. I had to stop that. I went from November 3 to this past Sunday with no trim. My goal this year is to only trim once every two months.

I dont trim, I think some folks hurt their hair goals by reaching for the scissors too quick.
When I allowed stylists to cut my hair when they saw fit my hair hovered around SL, my hair isnt sick and dying since I havent trimmed.

I don't. I haven't trimmed in going on 3 years now and my ends are fine. They are not blunt but I don't care about that.

I may trim next year. Maybe not.

I trim every 5 or 6 months. most of them the time the ends aren't as bad as i thought they were when i go

only if nec-maybe once a yr--i dont like blunt ends either--looks boring to me-if one has healthy ends why would they need to trim-i often times see ppl with the same length hair for 2yrs+--those r the die hard trimmers--like smdh lol

my stylist used to trim only on the occasion that my hair really needed it. she's never been the scissor happy type, and she always respected me in how much or how little i wanted her to trim. however, this yr, i let her know my mission to grow my hair out really long, and the strangest thing has happened. she told me we would trim it less often, yet then she turned around and decided to start trimming it every other relaxer (or every 12 weeks), which was actually more frequent. recently, she even began trimming it every single relaxer!!! last time i was in there she even suggested that maybe we should cut a few inches off...wtf?? i reminded her that just last yr we cut 1.5in off, and she says that we didn't get off all the bad ends w/ that. when she gave me that cut, she told me back then that we got rid of all the bad stuff. not to mention, i used to ask her every relaxer if i needed a trim, and she would usually say no or to wait. why did she keep telling me my hair was in good shape and didn't need a trim, only to come back later and tell me that it was getting really bad on the ends and needed inches hacked off, lol? anyway, it almost makes me feel like she's trying to prevent me from reaching my length goal, now that she knows what i'm aiming for. :(

ITA :blush:

I only trim my hair when necessary. If my hair starts to either tangle, mat, or my shed hair has a hard time coming out I need a trim. I trim my hair between every three and six months. Depends on how good I take care of my ends.

I trim about every 6 months, although my last trim was in November :look:. My ends are ok, but they could look better so I plan to trim next relaxer, definitely :yep:.

Usually every 3 months....

It really depends on how my hair looks though. Over the last year and a half, I have been trimming aggressively because my ends were thin and I don't like that.

Besides that, I added layers, a bang and cut the sides. I regret it now because I loved my hair when it was all one length. I like the layers in the back, I just don't like my sides being shorter. So now, I am growing it back.

I attempted to go six months with no trim, but I just could not do it. I ended up getting it trimmed (just the back, not the sides) and it looks so much better. It's starting to even up again.

I realised that I need a trim after 5-6 months so I end up trimming 2x a year.

I havent trim since August 2008. Next tine i get a relaxer in September 09 I'll get a trim. I wear protective style every day so my ends dont need to be trim often

i trim more then once a month becuase im scissor happy. this is the reason i seem to not be getting anywhere so im trying to kick the habit. i seem to be obsessed with splits but since im staying away from the flat iron i shud see improvment

I usually trim with every relaxer (every 16-20 weeks), but after texlaxing last week I think I'm going to try just dusting every 8 weeks. I hate having to give myself deep trims; dustings don't hurt my soul so much :laugh:

I only trim when my ends are uneven and thats that :) I have not experienced split ends in awhile now that I think of it.....

I never trim and my hair is always breaking off. I contributed my breaking to split ends that have traveled up the hair shaft. And the only way I can correct that is to trim because conditioners don't work for that. So I trimmed this month. I will continue to trim every 6-8 weeks until majority of the damaged hair is gone. Then I will trim 2-3x a year.

I wear my hair out 90% of the time so I do like every 2 months or so as needed. Sometimes its less than an inch but it cleans it up

Im going to stretch it out more though I shouldnt need to so often since i started baggying

when I was transitioning I was trimming my hair every 6 weeks because I really wanted to get the relaxer out... after most of the relaxer was out i started to trim every 2-3 months but now I'm trying to go 6 months without a trim. Split ends are my pet peeve so I don't know if i'm going to make it 6 months. I feel that I can see more growth when I trim less but at that same time I don't want to grow my hair out and find that I have 4 inches of split ends that I need to have cut.:perplexed

Back