How often is everyone steaming?

It~Can~Grow

Who was your ebay seller??

I'm here at the office and cant sign into eBay (darn firewall), here is the description and item id.

If you can find this way..I can post the link this evening.

THERMOSTAT HAIR STEAMER BEAUTY SALON COLOR PROCESSING
Seller: beautyco123

HTH

Last edited:

LushLox

I steam twice a week but only for 30 minute each time, although when I do a protein treatment it can be slightly longer than that. This works for me.

It~Can~Grow

Last edited:

JustKiya

JustKiya and Boston Maria ... y'all ain't playin', are you? :grin:

So have either you noticed any difference in steaming your hair for 2 hours vs. 30 minutes or any other amount of time?

Hrm... I think the shortest I've steamed has been an hour, and yeah, I could tell a difference - my hair wasn't as 'lush'.

LushLox

I also steam once a week with DC-ing on dry hair. Is there such a thing as steaming too much? :thought:

Yes you can overdo it with the steam, I know I experienced it myself! Once I established how much I can tolerate I was fine, and have not had a problem since. :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Steam Weekly for about an Hour.

I like to alternate between Steaming & My Mastex Heat Cap, but lately it's been:

Steam, Steam, Steam...............:lick:

shopgalore

Yes you can overdo it with the steam, I know I experienced it myself! Once I established how much I can tolerate I was fine, and have not had a problem since. :yep:

Hi, when you say you can over do it, how does the hair feel? I just need to make sure I am steaming as much as I can, but not too much that my hair breaks off more!:sad:

BellaM

I dont steam religously...but i did so once. It was in a hair salon and my first experience. It was absolutely refreshing, Im looking into doing it again

LushLox

Hi, when you say you can over do it, how does the hair feel? I just need to make sure I am steaming as much as I can, but not too much that my hair breaks off more!:sad:

The hair just feels mushy and weird, because of theexcess moisture. It was quite easy to counteract though, I just upped my protein and managed to figure out a good moisture/protein balance and have been fine since.

KinkyGenius

The first week I got it I steamed just about every day LOL
So I now steam for 2 hours .. stand back! don't judge me! LOL... once a week

I don't use a cap, but I have one of those head band thingies so the water doesn't go on my face. I deep condition on wet hair.

Wow, I didn't even think about whether or not it would be best to steam with or without a cap on. What head band thingies are you referring to?

My steamer should be here Wednesday :dance7:

BostonMaria

Wow, I didn't even think about whether or not it would be best to steam with or without a cap on. What head band thingies are you referring to?

My steamer should be here Wednesday :dance7:

Congrats on your purchase!! I use a terry cloth headband such as this one
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Headband/SBS-260653,default,pd.html

It prevents the water to fall down my face as I'm steamin'
I don't use a cap and my hair feels yummy :lick:

BostonMaria

JustKiya and Boston Maria ... y'all ain't playin', are you? :grin:

So have either you noticed any difference in steaming your hair for 2 hours vs. 30 minutes or any other amount of time?

I've never steamed for less than an hour so I can't say! LOL :grin:
I tell ya what though, my hair feels like silk afterwards. My wash and go's look beautiful and that's pretty much impossible in the winter time. I love my steamer. I might marry it.

My DD has oily, silky hair and with the steamer her hair just comes out so beautiful. My stepdaughter (13) uses it religiously once a week now LOL Her wash and go's are amazing. I gotta take a picture. All my kid's hair pics are in my album if you want to look.

As far as myself, I've noticed:
+ Shedding has almost disappeared
+ Hair feels and looks awesome
+ My rollersets are usually nice, but my hair just feels nicer
+ I can detangle with my fingers after I steam because my hair is so soft and silky

I can go on forever. I highly recommend a steamer to anyone who is consistent with their hair care. I'm a DIY'er down to my trims so this purchase makes sense for me. Plus I have 4 women with MBL + hair in my house.

nychaelasymone

I get my hair steamed once every 2 weeks at the salon......I love the way it makes my hair look and feel since I've been transitioning. Bout to buy a steamer and round brush my hair myself.

KinkyGenius

Quick question!

I'm relaxing and using Sebastian Cellophanes this weekend. I was wondering for the DC part of my hair plans should I just use my hooded dryer or would it be ok to steam?

MsLizziA

So how many gallons of water does the steamer hold for 1 use? Aren't you supposed to use distilled water?

RaeCam

I am so tempted! This sounds exactly like what I need! A few questions though.

Has anyone used a steamer for doing:

1) Henna treatments?
2) Aphogee protein treatment?
3) Braids (natural, synthetic, or human)?

I am about to commit to a year of the C&G method and I am thinking this would help on a lot of fronts. Can't wait to hear some answers!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am so tempted! This sounds exactly like what I need! A few questions though.

Has anyone used a steamer for doing:

1) Henna treatments?
2) Aphogee protein treatment?
3) Braids (natural, synthetic, or human)?

I am about to commit to a year of the C&G method and I am thinking this would help on a lot of fronts. Can't wait to hear some answers!

1. I think Taz uses her steamer for henna treatments
2. I dont and I dont know anyone who has
3. I got my steamer March 09 and was doing a year in the C&G challenge! It worked wounders. When I took down my braids my hair was so soft and easy to detangle.

HTH