Steaming Hair while Deep Conditioning

lonei

I have noticed that I have not seen much mention of people steaming their hair. When individuals deep condition their hair, it appears that most go under the hooded dryer. I was wondering what the difference was when deep conditioning hair under a professional steamer or under the dryer. Whenever I steam my hair after every time I wash it, it comes out a lot lighter and fluffier, my friends who don't steam their hair generally suffer from a lot of shedding and breakage. Does anyone know what steaming actually does for the hair?

HonEB

I steam my hair while deep conditioning. I do is wrap a very warm damp towel around my hair and it under a heating cap or dryer. this works very well and my hair is very strong and shiny

HonEB

There is not a big difference except siting under a dryer only makes my hair dry after a while. my hair does not feel too dry when deep condition with steam i dont believe you need to buy a steamer to get good results. The steam (water) penetrated your hair and causes it to expand allowing the conditioner to get into your hair instead of just sitting on the surface of your hair strand. straight heat expands the hair a bit but i find my hair becomes dry and brittle.

Honi

There is no board.
I'm confused. When people sit under a dryer to deep condition they do so without a plastic cap on their heads??? I always deep condition with a plastic cap on and never had a problem with dry hair.