My hair reverted :(

Nubian.Queen

after a touch up and corrective. I used ORS mild lye for the t/u and dudley's mild lye for the corrective. Anywho after rinsing I put Nexxus protein reconstructor for 5 minutes then proceeded to shampooing with neutralizer. Day of relaxer my hair was fine, day after the curls are back...am texturized and relaxed. Will not be putting any more relaxer for another 20 weeks I am hoping. Anyone else had their hair revert. Am kinda pissed :(

jasmin

Not to divert from your post but ORS makes a mild lye? I've only been able to find normal or super.

ellebelle88

Yeah, I had the stylist to tell me the same thing WHEN she was doing my hair. You can read the thread that I posted here.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=187313

Incidentally, the same day my hair felt underprocessed like she didn't get all of my new growth and the relaxer didn't take well. But about a week later, I realized that my problem wasn't as bad as it seems. My hair was straight as it was gonna get. I just think that my hair is kinda resistant to relaxers because when a relaxer is washed off, regardless of how long its been left on, my hair is always still crimpy/curly. Relaxers aren't for everyone.

I also heard that you're not supposed to use a hardcore reconstructor until a month after your relaxer. I also had a professional relaxer, one or both of those could be your culprit.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I do not believe that your hair reverted what probably happened was that you under processed but didn't realize it the first day. That has happened to me many times. Also, you should use a milder protein the day of relaxer and something stronger the following week.

Nubian.Queen

LadyR...I do believe my hair reverted as I did a touch up with did not catch well then did a corrective 2 weeks after both which I did protein treatment before neutralizing. My hair still looks and feels that it did not get done :sad: