How straight do you prefer your relaxers

LondonDiva

Are you a

bone straight loving gal
Straight but not BONE
Texturised
Or other

I think the more I get obsessed about my hair the straighter I prefer it now, No matter how many times I wash it a week I always have to pull the shower curtain back to look in the mirror and see if it's gotten any longer
Obsessed is not even the word ladies it's beyond that now.

I'd say bone straight for me.

Karonica

Between texturized and straight but not bone. I need flexibility and the choice to go curly when I want to, and I can't do that with really straight hair.

G

When I relaxed, I always liked my hair to loosen just a bit so I could still have elasticity. I only used the mild brand because I felt safest with that. I could get my hair real straight by wrapping or heat appliances. My family members love the bone-straight look. However, longhairdiva is the only individual I know of that has achieved great lengths relaxing bone-straight or as she says "super straight." For my cousins, she is truly inspirational because they say they never saw anyone in their entire lives, who relaxes their hair bone-straight and accomplish what she has. Her hair is truly amazing

mirrormirror

I like my hair straight with elasticity. Kinda like Tia and Tamera Mowry. Their hair is so straight and shiny but it has elasticity to it.

JenJen2721

Straight but not bone. If it doesn't get straight enough I experience breakage, but is very limp if bone straight.

Armyqt

I like the look of the hair when it is straight, but I don't want my hair relaxed that way. A mild relaxer is what I prefer. You can always get the superstraight look by doing a roller wrap.

Allandra

BTW, when I want my hair straight, I get a roller set and wrap. That always makes it smooth and sleek.

Ennyaa

Well I'm texturized so not very straight at all. I looove the little waves I get on that part of my hair when it's wet.
The straight fully relaxed ends are actually starting to really annoy me
but I won't dare cut them because it would take too long to reach my goal and they are still healty.

Crysdon

I love texture to my roots and bone straight wouldn't allow me to do a "wash n' go" on lazy days.

Smooches - That smilie is soooo cute.

Jenai

Straight but not BONE straight - I need some body in my hair to hide my bucket head!

LD, glad to know I wasn't the only one doing the "hair profiling" after getting out the shower. Yeah, like my hair has grown several inches in just a few days...

Crystal

I like mine BONE straight. I have only found one relaxer that does that for me but it was a no-lye(african pride) and since I've given up no-lyes I'm hoping to find a lye one that can make it straight to the BONE.

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Straight, but not bone- I like body!

[/ QUOTE ] Me too.

pooh123

pebbles said:
Straight, but not bone- I like body!

[/ QUOTE ] Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

Savgal

What I want to know is, if you don't relax the hair bone straight, isn't that just underprocessed hair? I dont get it. I don't know any stylists who do this, but then again, I live in hicktown Savannah where people still get fingerwaves and say "good hair" and "bad hair".

Armyqt

Savgal said:
What I want to know is, if you don't relax the hair bone straight, isn't that just underprocessed hair? I dont get it. I don't know any stylists who do this, but then again, I live in hicktown Savannah where people still get fingerwaves and say "good hair" and "bad hair".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indeed a little tricky. However, if your hair is underprocessed, it's more than likely due to the wrong strength or a relaxer that's not compatible with your hair. When the hair is underprocessed, it tends to look rough and frizzy. However, when your hair isn't relaxed bone straight it has more of a loose S-wave pattern when wet. Once dry, it has a nice silky texture as if it was relaxed bone straight. I hope this is making sense. My stylist told me (which I already knew), that hair should never be relaxed bone straight, because the next step after that is breakage. That's why it's better to leave a little wave in the hair so it maintains some elasticity and tensile strength. hth

G

Armyqt said: This is indeed a little tricky. However, if your hair is underprocessed, it's more than likely due to the wrong strength or a relaxer that's not compatible with your hair. When the hair is underprocessed, it tends to look rough and frizzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use a mild relaxer to loosen the curl just a little. And I stress just a little. So how can one determine underprocessed hair from hair that is just a tad bit relaxed? I'm beginning to think the definition of underprocessed hair is an individual thing because the way I relaxed my hair, some might say it was underprocessed and then another may agree with me and say I just mildly relaxed or texturized it. I also see Allandra just mildly relaxes her hair and defines it as "texturized". So the call depends on what the individual defines as underprocessed for them personally and what is satisfactory to them personally. I hope I made some sense here.

Armyqt

This is all a bit confusing. Personally for me, underprocessed hair looks very different from texturized hair. The main difference that I noticed is that texturized hair can be worn either curly or straight, where as underprocessed hair looks straight, but fuzzy and thick. That's just my personal experience. I think many ladies who try to relax their hair and end up with underprocessed hair leave the relaxers in for more than 5 or 10 min. I guess at 5 or 10 min, mild relaxation (texturizer) is achieved. If you're trying to actually get the hair straight and leave the relaxer in for the recommended time and then your hair appears frizzy or different in texture from the previously relaxed hair, I would say that it's underprocessed. Just my .02.

ngaa

back in the day wen i used to relax i wud have given anything to have my hair bone straight but cudnt and altho i am natural now absolutly adore bone straight hair like asians have or that LD pic

G

Armyqt said: If you're trying to actually get the hair straight and leave the relaxer in for the recommended time and then your hair appears frizzy or different in texture from the previously relaxed hair, I would say that it's underprocessed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Armyqt. I totally forgot about this I agree with this statement one-hundred percent
Underprocessed hair looks straight and yet little hairs break all over the place also. Mildly relaxed or texturized hair has spring to it and looks lively. Sort of like how the henna loosens the curl pattern
Thanks for clearing this up for me.

G

ngaa said: altho i am natural now absolutly adore bone straight hair like asians have or that LD pic

[/ QUOTE ]

ngaa Asians have elasticity to their hair even though it appears super straight. I actually stretched the hairs that were in brushes of Asian hair, and the tensile strength and spring is incredible. I know other people who do this too with human hair silky straight weaves. They pull the hair to test the strength and observe the same things I've said as well.

aikaa71

I would go for Straight but not BONE.

When i used no -lye, it would make my hair BONE straight.Since i switched to lye, it gets straight but still has some body(love this). On my hair i can actually see the difference - the lye part is thicker, the no-lye is thin(fine), If this makes any sense?I cant cut those no lye part out becos its about 6 inches of my hair!!. I will just keep trimming them off bit by bit

LD, i check my length every morning, just wishing the hair fairy has given my some lenghth overnight