How to deep condition

angelica2u

Hi guys

I just wanted to know to deep condition because i want to try it later today but i have no idea how. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this.

Thanks.

Allandra

This is how I do it.

When I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner, I slather on the conditioner and put a plastic cap on my hair.

When I deep condition with a protein conditioner, I slather on the conditioner, put a plastic cap on my hair and sit under a heating cap for 20 minutes.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
When I deep condition, I slather on the conditioner from root to tip and put a plastic cap on my head. Sometimes I just wrap a towel around my head and let it sit for an hour. Sometimes I sit under a hooded hair dryer for up to 45 minutes.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
This is how I do it.

When I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner, I slather on the conditioner and put a plastic cap on my hair.

When I deep condition with a protein conditioner, I slather on the conditioner, put a plastic cap on my hair and sit under a heating cap for 20 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Allandra,
When you deep condition with a PC do you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (MC)? If so how long do you apply
the MC following a PC? TIA!

Allandra

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. If I do, I keep it on my hair for just a few minutes. The current protein conditioner that I'm using (got2be so smooth) leaves my hair feeling just as soft as if I've just used a moisturizing conditioner.

Titansgirl

Hi Spagirl, when I deep condition w/ a PC, I definitely follow up w/ a MC for about 30 minutes w/ no heat. Even if my hair feel silky smooth after the protein cond.(PC) I still follow up w/ the moisturizing cond(MC).

Spagirl

Hi Titansgirl,

Thanks for sharing.

prettygirl

when I deep condition I try to use a deep conditioner that has epual amounts of protein as moisturizers so as to blance out over dryness from the protein and hair becoming to moist from the moisrurizer.My hair goes limp easily if It has too much moisturizers in it. I place the conditioner all over my hair placing specific attention to the hairline and my ends also any problem sections of my hair,then I sit uder the dryer for 20 mins. Before I relax I use a strong p/c such as sebastian penetrait or aphfogee,this I follow with a moisturizing conditioner to balance out each other.

Breeze

[ QUOTE ]
This is how I do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra, are there certain times when I should use a protein vs. a moisturizing conditioner? Can you give me an example of a protein brand and a moisturizing brand? Also, are leave-in conditioners a 3rd type of conditioner, or do they come in protein and moisturizing also? Thanks!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]

Allandra, are there certain times when I should use a protein vs. a moisturizing conditioner? Can you give me an example of a protein brand and a moisturizing brand? Also, are leave-in conditioners a 3rd type of conditioner, or do they come in protein and moisturizing also? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Breeze

I normally use a protein conditioner a week before I get a relaxer touch up. I also use a protein conditioner a few days after getting a relaxer touch up. The protein conditioner that I use is Got2B So Smooth One Minute Emergency Repair Crème. I have also used and like Aubrey Organics GPB. For moisturizing, my current favorite is L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. After I shampoo and condition my hair, I always use a leave-in conditioner. My favorites are Clairol Renewal 5x Daily Nourishment and Kiehl’s Leave-In Conditioner. Both of these are thick, creamy and moisturizing (which is a great way to also moisturize my hair).

Breeze

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Breeze

I normally use a protein conditioner a week before I get a relaxer touch up. I also use a protein conditioner a few days after getting a relaxer touch up. The protein conditioner that I use is Got2B So Smooth One Minute Emergency Repair Crème. I have also used and like Aubrey Organics GPB. For moisturizing, my current favorite is L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. After I shampoo and condition my hair, I always use a leave-in conditioner. My favorites are Clairol Renewal 5x Daily Nourishment and Kiehl’s Leave-In Conditioner. Both of these are thick, creamy and moisturizing (which is a great way to also moisturize my hair).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Allandra! That helps a bunch!

Zahira999

Can anyone tell me what are some of the best deep conditioners with protein? I am definitely willing to try something new. I think, so far, I heard great things about sebastain and aveda products...

angelica2u

Thanks for the posts guys. Unfortunately i didnt get a chance to deep condition cos i had a long distance call so i had to rush and wash it out cos i was still in the shower. However, i'll let you know when i do, ok.

Take care.
Later.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
One stylist told me once that the conditioner doesn't do anything else after 7 minutes under the dryer. But sometimes I like to stay longer...just for the heck!