Naturals, how do you press your hair?

caligirl

I'm pretty good with the flatiron, but I'm having trouble getting my hair straight enough so that I can flat iron it. Do you blowdry first? If so do you use a comb attachment or a brush? Can 4a hair be rollerset then flatironed?

remnant

caligirl said:
I'm pretty good with the flatiron, but I'm having trouble getting my hair straight enough so that I can flat iron it. Do you blowdry first? If so do you use a comb attachment or a brush? Can 4a hair be rollerset then flatironed?

Caligirl I usually airdry in 6/8 twist after application of heat protection :
  • section (tiny sections)hair with the tail of a rattail comb, then before flat ironing I brush my hair with my demnan like brush (courtesy of Balisi) then flatted (410° F- two or three passes)
  • Cover hair with a silk scarf !!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I detangle with my detangler, then blowdry with the comb attachment on the medium setting. From there I press my kitchen/edges, then flat iron the rest with my Sedu.

missnappylady

What type of oils do you guys use? My hair starts to revert after only a few hours. How do you avoid that and how does your last? Thanks for your help.

natstar

I apply a cream heat protectant on damp hair then use a blow dryer with a wide tooth comb attacment. The blow dryer is oblong and works well. After blowdying I apply my Fanatsia IC Heat protectant which works really well and helps to stop reversion and damage. I apply the serum to sections and flat iron small sections. I also have a clamp brush that I use when I flat iron. It helps w/ keep my hair straight. I clamp the brush down then follow it w/ the flat iron. I don't use any oil (but some do) cause it weighs my hair down. I my try WGO soon though just out of curiosity. My hair reverts after 3-4 days.