How to Style African American Hair by Marie Claire Magazine

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
How to work with the hair I GOT? And what is the hair I GOT, huh?

Woy loy loy!!!! Kite'm sorti la.

cutiebe2

I like how they tell people to DC three times per week...you may start to overdo it but thats a good start

dont like the "work with what you got" comment

lilsparkle825

"you've got" is grammatically correct enough for me. if they said "YOU got"...i'd be up in arms with the rest of you guys.

i like the hairstyles, for the most part. i saved one of the pics of bangs for inspiration.

JustKiya

Work with what you've got (instead of always running out and buying more) is the implication I'm getting. :look: And I'm the wrong one to comment on that, since I strongly agree. :lachen:
And I must admit, it didn't look like any of them were weaved up, either. :look:

Soliel185

Work with what you've got (instead of always running out and buying more) is the implication I'm getting. :look: And I'm the wrong one to comment on that, since I strongly agree. :lachen:
And I must admit, it didn't look like any of them were weaved up, either. :look:

Or constantly completely fighting your texture and then being frustrated with the results....

I've seen the same taglines aimed towards our manila counterparts many times so I don't take it as some sort of implied sly inferiority or anything like that.

JustKiya

Or constantly completely fighting your texture and then being frustrated with the results....

I've seen the same taglines aimed towards our manila counterparts many times so I don't take it as some sort of implied sly inferiority or anything like that.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

That's a new one.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i like the subtitle. i wish more black women would 'work with what they've got' instead of wearing 50 lbs of camel weave and getting relaxers every month.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Those pictures where nice. Thanks for sharing

BlackMasterPiece

How to work with the hair I GOT? And what is the hair I GOT, huh?

Woy loy loy!!!! Kite'm sorti la.
lmfaoooo ou pa berswen sorti.... yo pat pale cherveux nou mal no, yo uniq de fe cherveux le'ternel ban nou vin bel pa batay avel' soun bagaye simp:cool: yep, that was the ILL cr-engle/Haitian American spelling but I don't care lol

Represent!!:cool2:

MD_Lady

I enjoyed seeing natural (and a variety of textures at that) and relaxed heads. :yep: As far as the subtitle goes, most lifestyle magazines (like most people) use informal language. *shrug* I really don't think it's that big of deal. Thanks for sharing Glib! :)

Southernbella.

If I were a relaxed type 4 head, I'd assume that my hairtype couldn't grow and wouldn't be all that interested in going natural. Where are the longhaired type 4s? :perplexed:

Other than that, I love the hairstyles and I love that it's all real hair. :yep:

Nice Lady

lmfaoooo ou pa berswen sorti.... yo pat pale cherveux nou mal no, yo uniq de fe cherveux le'ternel ban nou vin bel pa batay avel' soun bagaye simp:cool: yep, that was the ILL cr-engle/Haitian American spelling but I don't care lol

Represent!!:cool2:

You got to interpret---Hay, I wanna know what those Creole/Haitain expressions mean--I know it must be funny!!!:lachen::lachen:

Geminigirl

Lucie I picture you to be one of those sexy ladies when they get mad, they start cussing in another language. I love your hair too BTW.

Like the pics didn't feel like reading the tips.

I like pic 7 the best. All the other naturals hair looks dry and kinda frizzy.

MonPetite

This has been one of the more sensitive and better written articles on afro hair, despite the byline. Nice work, Marie Claire. In Style's latest makeover issue was a win in this regard as well with a tribute to the afro taking up a full page (with women of a variety of races sporting kinky hair as well).

Looks like people learned a lesson from the Glamour fiasco.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
This has been one of the more sensitive and better written articles on afro hair, despite the byline. Nice work, Marie Claire. In Style's latest makeover issue was a win in this regard as well with a tribute to the afro taking up a full page (with women of a variety of races sporting kinky hair as well).

Looks like people learned a lesson from the Glamour fiasco.

i saw that spread and i loved it! it was about hairstyles that never go out of style right? i wanted to rip that afro page out for keeps, but i was in the bookstore reading it for free. :look: :lol: